Thread: Project on Library Management System for TYBsc IT

Project on Library Management System for TYBsc IT

Hi friends, I am a TYBsc-IT student from Mumbai University. So as my examination is near I have to make one project for my internal marks. So I have decided to make the projects on ‘Library Management System’. So I have just start my documentation parts, but still I am confused about this project. So my query about this project is as follow:
    • I just want to ask which Technology or Language will be best for the Design Part and for the Backend database.
    • What are the menus I should keep in the MenuBar that include in this Library Management System?
    • Which one is good and simple language can i used
    • What are thing to be included in the Documentation parts

If you guys have any of the information or suggestion then please let me know. Or I should go for any other project, Any of the reply or suggestion will be thanks and appreciated. If anybody can help I will be very pleased

Re: Project on Library Management System for TYBsc IT

This is the good topic that you have chosen, so according to my suggestion the frontend and the backend for these projects are totally depends on your skills. That means to say that if your java coding and concepts is good then you can do the design for the GUI of this project with the SWING Technology. This will be one of the strongest parts of this project that create the good impression in front of the examiner. And for the backend the best option is SQL Database.

Yes this is the best to make these projects on the java platform. There you can have the chances for applying several of the Look And Feels for your project. The best of the GUI Look and Feel is available on several of the link. So you can google for the free Look And Feel Download, so after that you can download as many look and feel for your projects, which provide the additional package for your Java Based Project.

According to my information, as for the student levels this is the best selection of the project Topic.
    So the main Menu that you can include in your menubar is depends on the need. The basic menus and menuitem for this project is as follow
    1>> File: This menu can be used to make the new Entry. This may have the list of MenuItem (sub-menu)
    • Student Entry, Staff Entry, Book Entry, Exit. Etc

2>> Transaction: This menu can be used for making the entry for the Book Transaction by the Student and the Staff
    • Book Issue, Book Return, Fine etc..

3>> Search: This Option can be used for making the important search of data like (Book Record, Transaction Records, Fine)
    • Book Record, Transaction Records, Staff Record, Fine Record etc.

4>> Report: This menu can be used for generating the reports based on the request and requirement.

So these are the list of important main menu and sum-menu that you can use in this project. Beside this if you want to add then that will be the additional advantage for the project.

Hey I know the java coding but the issue is that I don’t want to waste the time for the creation of such a long GUI process for each and every Page. So I just want to know is there any other Application or Program is there that I can make use for the creation of the GUI for the java project. I don’t want to use the Notepad for coding of the GUI. Thanks in advance.

Hey I know the java coding but the issue is that I don’t want to waste the time for the creation of such a long GUI process for each and every Page. So I just want to know is there any other Application or Program is there that I can make use for the creation of the GUI for the java project. I don’t want to use the Notepad for coding of the GUI. Thanks in advance.
    I think you have to install the latest version of Netbean IDE, this application have various option and tools that can be used to create the GUI for the Desktop Based Application and for the Web Based Application.

I Think you must try to make the use of the .net framework, because it provide various of the tools for creating GUI for the project, and also with the help of the intellisense you get various of Help and you can easily complete your projects with these framework. I only make the use of this .net framework its simple and fast.