Thread: Guidance for GMAT test preparation 2011(Delhi)

Guidance for GMAT test preparation 2011(Delhi)

I stay in Delhi and I am planning to give the GMAT test this year in August. For this I am looking out for some kind of help or guidance from all those who are planning to give the exam this year itself or all those who have already given the exam. And it would be good if the replied are given by the one who are residing in Delhi itself. I am looking forward to your replies and would like to thank you in advance for the replies.

Re: Guidance for GMAT test preparation 2011(Delhi)

I just completed my BBA from a renowned college in Delhi and now even I am looking to give the GMAT this August. So even I am looking for some kind of guidance which I am sure will be very useful. But I have the worry that I don’t have any kind of work experience and that is bothering me a bit. This would be first attempt for me as well. Also I would like to ask you that do you have any kind of work experience .Also have you joined any classes for the preparation of GMAT.

It’s actually nice to see that there are some people who are planning to give the GMAT this time. Even I am planning to give the exam this July or August. To be precise I am planning to give the exam somewhere around last week of July or 1st Week of August. I can tell you that I have started with the preparations and have purchased some books like Princeton review, Nova, Barron’s and the GMAT 800.So I wish that even you have some of these books and if you don’t then do get these because ut will be very handy to you.

I just had a look at the previous solution and feel that you have the all the books that are used for the preparation of GMAT. But having said that I do not see names of any official books that are most of the times recommended. Also there are some books that give you the real test of the questions that have been previously asked in the GMAT exams. You need to know that you have to solve hundreds of GMAT questions. So in jest I would say that you need to solve the correct type of questions.

I am from west Delhi and I am planning to give the exam this year itself like some of you are doing. So it’s very heartening to see that there are many people from Delhi who are planning to give the exam this year. Frankly speaking I haven’t started with my preparations yet. But I am planning to join the classes’ soon. Also I am planning to but some of the books that have been mentioned in the previous solutions. And I would like to know that what is your target score?

Thanks a lot for providing me with the guidance. I was really looking for some kind of guidance as even I haven’t started with the preparation of GMAT. But now I am planning to buy the books that have been mentioned out there and once I get those I will start studying from them. Also my plans or target score is around the 700 mark. I am really looking to get in and around that range. I hope that we all will really score well in the GMAT exam.