Thread: How do I get into Indian Airforce?

How do I get into Indian Airforce?

Let me not go around the mulberry bush and put it straight to you that I am obsessed by the word ‘Indian Air force’ and I desperately wish to join it. However, I am totally unclear about its procedures and all. I need someone to guide through it. A national javan is in making.

Re: How do I get into Indian Airforce?

National jawan is undoubtedly in making but what you need to have is not obsession to the mere word or to the fascinating life that a Air Force Officer leads. It should be beyond that. It should be the passion for flying, for motherland. Till you lack that, you can never be a good service man. Anyways, I don’t wish to demotivate you and let me tell you, to join Airforce, you need to send them an application the application procedure is hardly difficult and can be done very easily. Keep a track of newspapers for invitation of applications in the Air Force. It is published in almost every newspaper and leading employment columns. Unlike other institutes, Defense team is highly strict about application submission, any confusion or unpunctuality will lead to nothing but mere deletion and rejection of your application. So take special care about all that.

Post the application procedure, comes the selection phase. One of the most toughest phase where every candidate is scrutinized to their best and the best among them is picked up.
    - The first and the most basic step as Masters explained is the application procedure. Once your application is accepted, you will have to attend a written test which is fairly tough.
    - After clearing which, you’ll be put through a series of basic tests to check if you are fit for the job.
    - After this a very strong and thorough medical test is carried out and made sure you are healthy enough
    - After this, the all India merit list is prepared and if you are through. Salutes’ll come your way

what you need to have is not obsession to the mere word or to the fascinating life that a Air Force Officer leads. It should be beyond that. It should be the passion for flying, for motherland. Till you lack that, you can never be a good service man
    I totally understand your point and I have a call from nation from within. What I mentioned is just a cooler version of me. Anyways, I am quite confident that I’ll definitely prove to be a good or preferably great servicemen.
    I will keep a track on everything you said and take care of everything mentioned. I am very thankful to you for this!

After clearing which, you’ll be put through a series of basic tests to check if you are fit for the job.
    What does these tests include? What will it be all about? Is it quite tough? As in physical and all?

When you are done with the first round and you successfully clear it. You will get a call letter which will ask you to report to any of the Air Force Selection Boards which are located at Mysore, Dehradun and Varanasi. Here your core personality will be put into test and this will make sure that you are proper ‘Air Force Material.’ It will basically include:
    • There will be Psychologists conducting your Psychological Tests
    • There’ll be group tests which are nothing but indoor and outdoor sessions. Your physical self will be put into test
    • Then a round of personal interview with our officer

That is perfectly said, but the steps varies with your stream that you wish to select. For example, I am assuming that you are looking for the post of a Pilot. The test will be as follows:
    - On day one, you’ll undergo a Pilot Aptitude test
    - On day 2, you’ll have to face the psychological test
    - It will follow with the group tests on day 3 and 4
    - You’ll have a PI round on Day 5
    - On day 6, your test will come to an end with a conference.

Since, you’ve introduced it I would like to list down the test timetable for other departments too.
    Both technical branch and Ground duty branch has the same procedure which is as follows:
     You’ll have a Psychological and intelligence test on day one
     On day 2 and 3, you’ll have group tests
     On day 4, you’ll face the interviewer
     And finally you’ll undergo the conference

@Shika
    Since you want to know so badly, let me tell you that i have just been selected to join the Air Force ( through NDA, but the procedure through CDS or AFCAT is the same ). Whatever you want to know about, you can ask me on email id sinha.rajsin@gmail.com.