Thread: How to Score in UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations?

How to Score in UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations?

Hello friends

I want to Score in tha UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations ? can anyone have idea How to prepare for UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations to get high score.

Thanks

Tips to Score in UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations?

Tips to Score in UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations

1. Ideally the preparation should start three months before exam, but that means you must stick to a particular schedule. If you are an appearing candidate I would suggest starting in the third semester itself (provided if you wanna clear JRF).
    2. Study the syllabus from the point of view of the examiners or paper setters. Suppose you were asked to prepare questions based on this syllabus what would you ask. This will get you in the right frame of mind to understand what you should pay more attention to.
    3. Solve sample papers as much as you can, well that is a typical advice to any competition aspirant, I would suggest to get in to the details ( theory part) as soon as you come through the questions.
    4. If you are a appearing candidate, then try to co-relate the questions from the theory part, Remember, it doesn’t matter how much your university awards you, rather a JRF would Really MATTER, so devote as much time as possible to get in to the subjects & concepts. They emphasize concepts rather than mugging up & vomiting data.
    5. Study the syllabus to identify which sections are more suitable for setting multiple choice questions, short answer questions and essay questions.
    6. Understand which of the short answer questions when put together can form an essay question. Similarly, which essay question has specific points that may be used for short answer questions.
    7. Improve your speed in multiple choice questions by taking mock tests, improve your writing skills for essay questions and short answer questions.
    8. Read, read and read some more. Jot down points of all that you read. Prepare mind-maps for easy revision and clear grouping of ideas. Whenever you come across impressive words, note them down and practice writing answers using those words. You need to develop a mature understanding of your subject through involved reading, deeper level processing and clear and concise writing.

Re: How to Score in UGC NET JRF CSIR Examinations?

During exam- I would suggest not to panic rather stick to your basics while answering, coz most questions are from basics but we tend to complicate it.

Try not to solve all questions rather try to gain confidence by answering questions which you know first in case of paper 1. In paper 2 just cram through the paper what it contains and how much you know, don’t panic if you don’t Know, try to stick to the word limit while answering, be to the point and quote examples

Learn from each test you take. Immediately note down the questions after a NET exam. (Post them in the forum). Think of all the things you did well and what you could have done better. Jot down these points. Share them with others. By sharing with others you will understand these tips better and you will be able to implement them for the next examination. Do not repeat experiences mechanically. After each experience, whether it is successful or not, you should learn the important lessons that will take you to the next level.

sir, i want to ask that in the NET CSIR exam for life sciences, questions come from physics and chemistry or not?
    please do reply
    and which books i should prefer for the preparation

uday1 Guest

CSIR and GATE exams are considered as gate way to do Phd in India in various field ranging from biology to engineering ,even foreign university expecting students applying from India to be csir cleared. This site holds many tips and tricks as well as previous year question paper and model question papers to work out.check it out if you are interested

hi me too....
    struggling with paper-1 in csir... any suggestions are welcome regarding the method of preparations

there is a subject named Earth, atmospheric, planetery and ocenography .
    this exam is conducted by csir-ugc. i am a student of atmospheric science under calcutta university. for us the syllabus is vast as we have to study no only our subject but also oceanography , geology, and earth science.can you please give some useful tips so that i can manage to read some of them. and i also need previous year questn. bt i cant found it.
    if any one help me i will be greatful to him/her.
    thanks

r3kabir Guest

Dear Friends,
    This question is for students from Physics.
    What do you find to be the three hardest topics in latest CSIR Physics Syllabus (2010)? Is there any helpful website for preparing NET in Physics ?

abishek Guest

I find the below topics to be very hard:

CHEMICAL SCIENCES
    EARTH SCIENCES
    LIFE SCIENCES
    MATHEMATICAL
    PHYSICAL SCIENCES

Ugc Net

Friends!I have the basic question as what is the difference between CSIR net and ugc net ? I am planning to appear for the net examination with computer Science as my subject on December.I have bought Upkar's publication book on part2 and part3.I am from Kerala.Is that a good book or are there any other better books ?.I am planning to do my study for the exam sitting at my home itself.Is it necessary to go for coaching?Please advice me on my doubts .

UGG NET net is University Grants Commission which conducts National Eligibility Test and also it determin the eligibility which will need to be an lecturer and it also decide awards for JRF. While CSIR is Council of Scientific and Industrial Research which conducts UGC-CSIR NET for the different science subjects and other subjects also.

Ok.But computer Science and applications comes under ugc net or is it that there is a computer science paper in ugc csir also?

I'm persuing Ph.D. from Patna and trying for csir net examination. Is coaching at delhi is necessary for me like student which have gap in my study.???