Thread: MSc Physics through Distance Education

question MSc Physics through Distance Education

I want to do MSc Physics and can do only through Distance Education (DE). I have only two options - 1. St Peters University, Chennai and 2. NIMS University, Jaipur. Which of these universities is better in terms of Syllabus (for MSc Physics) and Reputation. Any help will be highly appreciated as I need to take decision very soon.
    Thanks.....

Re: MSc Physics through Distance Education

It depends on your location where you preferred to stay. Before going for the course I will recommend you to first check the fee structure and other syllabus options. There are some complicated exam procedure for such course which will later on confuse you. I will recommend St Peters University, Chennai for the same. But before doing that go to the official site of this sites and check for information.

Thanks Educated,
    Well, NIMS is nearer to my place but that does not matter much as 'study center' is right here in my city. I checked the Syllabus of both and couldn't decide which one is better so, I thought some experienced person can guide me which syllabus is better (I can upload both syllabus here if required). Also, I found out that both these univs are UGC recognized and approved by joint committee of UGC-DEC_AICTE for MSc Physics, however, none is accredited by NAAC (though this is only a matter of grading). Fees are equal of both of them. One more thing, I can not figure out which one is more reputed so that the degree I get has some respect.
    Thanks and looking for guidance.....

Actually you need to make sure that your "distance learning" qualification is from a reputable source; ie. not one that you've only seen advertised on the internet. Contact with supervisor's on different issue, you should have at least weekly contact, if possible daily; even if it's theoretical, the regular contact will keep you motivated. Plus, I think there should be no time to do a normal job when studying towards a higher degree -- MA's or PhD's should not be a part-time hobby.

Thanks G-MAT,

Well, to make things clear, I am not 'opting' for distance education by choice, I don't have any regular option actually. Indian universities have this nonsense rule of 'no gap more than two years after qualifying exam' and my gap is much more. I will make up for this with my hard work and perseverance though. Anyway, It would be great help if someone who is familiar with either of these two could could guide me as whatever I can, I am doing (inquiry from universities etc).
    Thanks....