Thread: Discussion for Paper and GD-PI of NIFT 2010-12

Discussion for Paper and GD-PI of NIFT 2010-12

Hello all. The thread is been opened for posting the NIFT 2010-2012 batch people who have attempted. This is all about getting the to know about the difficulty level of the paper and attempts with the cutoffs that takes place. Please post on the relevant knowledge and the people who have experience for the same. This would be helpful for the students who are planning to appear for next batch.

Re: Discussion for Paper and GD-PI of NIFT 2010-12

Hey I have attempted the NIFT MFM and the paper was pretty easy. I was able to attempt atleast 111 out of 150 in GAT out of which I think that 106 is correct. Also I have attempted 70 out of 75 in MAT. I am confident that almost many of the questions I have attempted are correct. So it is not very much difficult to crack the same. So you can make the things to work correctly for the same. I guess the information may help you out well.

The paper was too easy and the thing is that you can make it well and crack the same well. I was pretty weak at my GK part and hence could not fare well to the same. I was just able to answer around 2-3 out of 6 Gk questions. Other than that I was able to attempt around 118 out of 150 questions in GAT and around 74 out of 75 in MAT. The aspect is that you need to keep a check for the all the answer you attempt as there are negative marking as well. This will lead to big loss as well. So you have to maintain the accuracy. I am not sure but I think almost 90% of the answers I have attempted is correct.

Well the cutoffs of the same basically totally depends on the markings of the students who have appeared. As the papers is not tough then the cutoffs are quite high related to the same. So in order to make it well you have to check for the issue that is be sure of the answers you attempt. This will make the issue work out well for you. So make it work well.

About the cutoff's its going to be very high. This year more than 1000 gave MFM from the three centers of Bangalore. Many of the students have performed well. So as it is been all over India you need to check out that there are 27 more states so you can imagine how competitive its going to be. So you all have equal chance of making it and not making it as well. So the you need to check out for the same. I was worried myself. So the paper been easy doe not make it all. The competition is high. So you have to be the best.

Its really a great information form you all guys and thanks for posting the replies and sharing your experiences. This will really help us all out and the people who are planning to appear for the next round. So just making sure that all should be aware of the same and try to implement the steps that should be counted as a mistake. Good luck.

With the information that has been provided and the experience shared by people I guess that the paper isn't that tough really and can be cracked. Will look out for my accuracy and make sure that what I do will do it confidently and make the things to kept under mind regarding the negative marking. I know that the competition is too tough but will make it possible to work for me.