Thread: How should an animators portfolio look

How should an animators portfolio look

As i am looking forward to change my job so i have been making my online portfolio. After searching for the same i have gone through a number of portfolio and got confused a little bit. Anyone out there aware of how an Animators profile looks like. Also tell me how can i encorporate a portfolio with something for the public as well

Re: How should an animators portfolio look

An excellent profile will open your doors to success whereas a weak portfolio closes these opportunities. The portfolio is the only thing which will help the employer to evaluate your skills and abilities and also whether should he contact you or not. It should present your skills and abilities properly. Excellent, interesting and varied compositions are expected use of scale focus and various colors will also help you in the sense it will make your work outstanding. The quality of your thinking and your form giving abilities must be reflected from the portfolio.

Be professional try to fill your profile with as much work as you can since the experienced animators are always preferred. This can be achieved by seeking freelance clients.

Try to complete as many freelance project as you can since this will even improve your skills as well as experience and will also enhance your portfolio. If you are not making an online portfolio then it would be better to create a shorter profile because interviewer usually has a limited amount of time.

Since if your portfolio is complicated then it becomes a nuissance for the interviewer. Always keep your description short and precise and remember to stick to your work and abilities.

The contents and formats of an animation portfolios are different from one creative discipline to another. But it would be better if you tailor the contents according to the needs of each prospective employer. I mean to say that you must research the requirements of the firm in advance before you start creating the portfolio so that you can amend the portfolio in advance.
    Also remember that most of the studios and animation firms have a drop-off policy. They will ask you to leave the portfolio at the reception or they may even ask you to submit the animation profile online you will not be present so be precise in your explanation.

ThumbsUp Re: How should an animators portfolio look

I would suggest you to develop a portfolio website instead since this is one of the best way to get hired by the best firm.

So if you have made your mind then simply go ahead. Make sure that you emphasize the work that is to be displayed. and not the websites design. Since it is meaningless to show your web design creativity if you are creating an animators portfolio. The website should be easy to navigate. Make sure it’s easy for potential clients to contact you by filling the contact information precisely.

Atleast include your email address and the cell phone number so that the clients can directly contact you. ALL THE BEST!

The style in which you design and layout you architectural portfolio is what really matter more over it should show all your abilities and skill, but in reality it may have great impact on the way your portfolio holds together, and the way it is received. An animators profile must include storyboards, sketches related to various concepts also the characters as well as the set designs. It must also contain the animation objects which may be drawn or may be an experimental one. A consistent style and feel can draw together projects that might otherwise feel out of place. By framing items that are different in a common framing, you bring them all together.

Nowadays the case study format of the portfolio has gained a very high level of popularity with informative spreads about each project. Organize the content of your portfolios in such a away that it is easy for the viewer to navigate back and forward. if you are creating the portfolio for the first time then don't bother to show them how awesome your work is. But it is always advisable to keep the focus on the actual work and not on the portfolio.