Thread: guidance needed.

guidance needed.

hi i am a Btech student(electronics & comm.) who graduated this June. While i was in college i was lucky enough to get campus selection in Infosys. The problem is that the call isn't untill February next year. In the meanwhile i have got certified as an RHCE and CCNA. instead of doing one more unrelated course can someone point me as to what would be a good course to take while i wait for the call. Since i am from an EC background i don't have much experience programming, in that case which language should I study that might be of help in future or in infosys too. with all the hype surrounding how tough the infy training is, i thought i might ask around before i make a decision.

hope to get a reply.
    John

Re: guidance needed.

RHCE and CCNA is good for your knowledge purpose as you got selected for Infosys there is no use of this as you are going to be train for oracal , and some database and application software so dont worry about course Infosys will train you well we are recovering from rescission where you are luck that Infosys still put you on hold as last year Infosys denied some student to resume after section due to rescission .

thank you sir. but i was under the impression that we would be working as programmers rather than database managers, so i asked that question.

I think you should go for MBA or any higher Cisco certification like CCNP in routing and switching, CCIE In security. CCNA is very basic certification cisco.