Thread: Is Oracle Ok?

Is Oracle Ok?

Hi

My name is HS. I am 31 years old. I have dome my graduation and Post Graduation in Computers. I have completed my studies in the 2003. After that I did 1 year job as a lecturer in Computers then shifting and starting my own business of computer training.Due to the one reason or the other my business suffered a lot of setbacks. I am not earning well from my business. I really wanted to work in the IT industry but I was and I am a bit afraid. There are many reasons for this :

1. No guidence : Nobody is ready to give advice. I have seen and tried a lot of programming languages. C, C++, VB, VB.NEt etc. but I cant able to master any one.

2. Programming fear : There is a fear in my mind that I cant do the programming as it requires a lot of concentration. I tried many times but only after few days of hard work i loose the bettle and skip the programmimg. Its my problem. But everytime I see my friends working in good companies I feel sad for myself and ask myself whats wrong with me.

3. Changing tracks frequently : I change my track very frequently. If someone come to me and say that there is a lot of scope of programming, I start doing it. After that if someone approach me and say that Multimeida has scope I start that. I dont know what to do

Now I heard that there is not very much programming in Oracle and one can become a DBA. So I was adviced to do Oracle. Now what to do in oracle. I dont know what to do. I am really messed up.Is it right to say that there is not much programming in Oracle.Is it a right choice for someone like me? Kindly advice.

With Regards

HS

Re: Is Oracle Ok?

If you have fear in my mind about programming then better to go with Oracle but remember it is also require some knowledge about C, C++, VB, that for to work with different assembly module but you can survive oracal is mainly part of database so everything is more technical and with mechanical process...you have to follow rules and also need to use your logic in some cases. mainly you need to complete its course from some institution or online training but better to learn from some one but you will get real knowledge at work place or job.so starting 1-2 years will be important...

Re: Is Oracle Ok?

Thanks for the reply