Thread: CDS II Examination 2009 - UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

CDS II Examination 2009 - UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on September 13, 2009 for admission to the under mentioned courses.

(i) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 129th Course commencing in July, 2010 [includes vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' certificate (Army wing) holders]: 250 vacancies

(ii) Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala commencing in July 2010 Executive (General service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' certificate holders (Naval wing):40 vacancies

(iii) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) training course commencing in July, 2010 i.e. No. 188th F(P) course: 42 vacancies

(iv) Officers Training Academy, Chennai 92nd SSC course (for men) commencing in October 2010: 175 vacancies

(v) Officers Training Academy, Chennai 6th SSC women (Non-technical) course commencing in October 2010: 35 vacancies

CDS Application form:

Common Application Form for examinations can be purchased from the designated head post offices/post offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs 20/- (Rupees twenty only).

Last Date : May 25, 2009

How to Apply:

All applications must reach the following address before the last date by hand or by post/speed post or by courier:

The Secretary,
    Union Public Service Commission,
    Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
    New Delhi-110069

Re: CDS II Examination 2009 -UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

Examination Details:

Admission to the to courses will be made on the results of the written examination followed by intelligence and personality test by the services selection board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.

Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status

• For IMA - Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1986 and not later than 1st July, 1991 only are eligible
    • For Naval Academy - Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 (2nd July, 1986 in case of NCC naval wing 'C' certificate holders) and not later than 1st July, 1991 only are eligible
    • For Air Force Academy - Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1987 and not later than 1st July, 1991 only are eligible
    • For Officers Training Academy (SSC course for men) - Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1985 and not later than 1st July, 1991 only are eligible
    • For Officers Training Academy (SSC women non-technical course) - Unmarried women are eligible. They should have born not earlier than 2nd July, 1985 and not later than 1st July, 1991.

Negative Marking:

Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.

Eligibility Criteria :
    • For IMA and Officers Training Academy - Degree of a recognized university or equivalent
    • For Naval Academy - B.Sc (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of engineering
    • For Air Force Academy - Degree of a recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of engineering

Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB

Candidates who are studying in the final year degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ 'DMPR', (OI & R section) room no, 204, 'C' wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, 'J' Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled

• For admission to IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy on or before May 13, 2010
    • For admission to Officers Training Academy, Chennai on or before August 01, 2010

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

Pattern and Syllabus for CDS Examination

1. For admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy

• English (100 Marks, 2 hours)
      • General Knowledge (100 Marks, 2 hours)
      • Elementary Mathematics (100 Marks, 2 hours)

2. For admission to OTA (Officers Training Academy)
      • English (100 Marks, 2 hours)
      • General Knowledge (100 Marks, 2 hours)

Application Fee:

Rs 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) through a single central recruitment fee stamp of the requisite denomination.

For more Details & contact

Telephone No : 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098542 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs

Visit :UPSC

Re: CDS II Examination 2009 - UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

Can anybody help me to figure out what officers training academy (SSC for Men) means as i dont have any of that...

n whether the candidate has to move to chennai for training ???

Re: CDS II Examination 2009 -UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

can some one please tell me the entire procedure for the women candidates. Wat exactly happens after one fills up the form. I have just given my graduation exams in the month of April and aspiring to give CDS-II exam now. I am neither into engineering nor have i done medical studies..please revert asap..waiting for reply..thank u..

You can apply for the army if you hav a degree from a recognized university. Basically what happens once you apply is that you wait for a call from their side for the written exam. I'm guessing you wud get a mail(by post) to your house giving you details about the written exam,time,venue etc. Once you've taken up the exam, you'll hav to wait again til they shortlist candidates for SSB interview which also includes testing physical abilities like running etc. After attending the interviews, there will be a medical exam n after that you wil be recruited for training at Officers Training Academy(OTA) in chennai.(this is for army only.Air force and Navy at different training establishments n i'm not sure if women recruited this at this point of time.)

OTA is an academy for training army officers starting with the rank of lieutenant. And SSC stands for Short Service Commission.this is for a period of 10 years. N currently this ad is a call for non technical branch in short service Yes technical branch is also present n recruited seperately for engineers. Permanent Commission is something where a peron is allowed to serve for a longer period of time.

Hope this answers your questions. For further details you can refer to this weeks edition of employment news or find it online.

N yes the candidate wil hav to move to chennai and stay within the OTA campus.

idea Re: CDS II Examination 2009 - UPSC Military, Naval, Air Force, OTA

OTA officer training academy. chennai.

Men and women enrolled in army for 14 years. SSC short service commission.

You have to move to chennai for the training. and then posted anywhere in India.

Admission through CDS only following the SSB interview.

CDS - combined defence services - conducted by UPSC two times in a year.
    SSB - after clearing CDS exams there is a 5 day interview program SSB that is service selection board. you have to pass this interview. Finally your medical test will begin. If all well then a merit list will be anounced after analysis of your performance. If your name is in the merit list then you are in.

Same procedure for women as well. But remember you must be unmarried before applying otherwise they will catch you in the medical examination after SSB.
    Tushar.ks

Application Criteria for Men and Women

Check the second post of this thread provided by Ramchandra under "Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status" section to get the information on eligibility criteria for men and women to apply for CDS II Examination 2009

Sir
    I Am Eligible For Both Ima And Ota But While Filling Up The Form Of Written I Filled Up My First Preference As Ota And Second As Ima Now What All Exams In Written I Will Get
    And Which Ssb I Will Face Ima Or Ota

i am in my final year of hotel management and i just came in my final year.. can i be considered for OTA n what is the age limit for OTA..??
    and when can i get examination form for this..??
    please help me for this..

The age limit for OTA is 35 minimum. I had found this on a forums where there was detection going on the OTA career. You might need to go on upsc.gov site and search for the reference manual. Here are more possibilities of age limit for the needed exam.
    • 19-24 years - IMA
    • 19-22 years - NA
    • AFA 19-23 years - AFA
    • 19-25 years ( unmarried ) - OTA
    • 25-28 years (married) - OTA

i have done my graduation from oxford brookes university.. my degree is not UGC/AICTE recognized.. may i knw whtr i cn apply or not... i am an indian though..