Thread: Want information about VHDL and PSpice

Want information about VHDL and PSpice

Hi

I am 2 nd year engineer student. Now i am working on VHDL, PSpice and MATLAB software as project part. but i don't have much idea about this if any one have idea about this please provide some info which will help me to make project. and where can i download this software ?

Thanks.

Re: Want information about VHDL and PSpice

VHDL (VHSIC (Very High Speed Integrated Circuits) hardware description language) is commonly used as a design-entry language for field-programmable gate arrays and application-specific integrated circuits in electronic design automation of digital circuits.

VHDL is a fairly general-purpose language, and it doesn't require a simulator on which to run the code. There are a lot of VHDL compilers, which build executable binaries. It can read and write files on the host computer, so a VHDL program can be written that generates another VHDL program to be incorporated in the design being developed. Because of this general-purpose nature, it is possible to use VHDL to write a testbench that verifies the functionality of the design using files on the host computer to define stimuli, interacts with the user, and compares results with those expected. VHDL is a strongly typed language.

Re: Want information about VHDL and PSpice

PSpice is a SPICE analog circuit and digital logic simulation software that runs on personal computers, hence the first letter "P" in its name. PSpice was the first version of UC Berlekey SPICE available on a PC, having been released in January 1984 to run on the original IBM PC. This initial version ran from two 360KB floppy disks and later included a waveform viewer and analyser program called Probe. Subsequent versions improved in performance and moved to DEC/VAX minicomputers, Sun workstations, the Apple Macintosh, and the Microsoft Windows platform. In islamic university , kushtia in the dept. of A.E.C.E the student use this usefull soft. for designing the circuit with IC.