Thread: How can I apply for Indian CDC?

How can I apply for Indian CDC?

I have a 12 months experience in Oiler in Pune. I am also carrying a certificate of STCW, Indos Number. But I dont have a panama CDC at present and therefore I would like to apply for the Indian CDC? Can you tell me whether I will be eligible to get the Indian CDC? Also please guide me how to get inside the same? Thanks for any help in advance

Re: How can I apply for Indian CDC?

Basically you should know that CDC stands for Continues Discharge Certificate which is usually the Seafarer's Indentity. If you want to be eligible to get into this program then you are supposed to meet with some requirements. You should hold a doctoral degree either in Decision sciences or Public policy or policy analysis or English Proficiency or Economics or applied economics, etc. You should also have a good proficiency in written and spoken English.

If you have a good experience in Shipping field then you will have a good prospects. If you are an Indian then you can apply for CDC and it should be better for you if you have experience already in this program. But to be eligible to get into Indian CDC you should be an Indian. Then your age should be between 18 to 25 years. You need to pass your 10th standard examination. You will get more preference if you have ITI course from NTC, NAC, AICTE recognized institutes. You also have to pass the medical fitness test.

There are certain eligibility criteria for Seaman applicant and other Certificated Officers. First they should be an Indian citizen. For deck, engine and catering rating trainees the age should be in between 18 to 25 years and for Utility Hand the age should be in between 18 to 40 years. Then the Shipping Master will affix his signature and official seal on the photograph and give it to the applicant.