What are best Universities for Distance Education?
What are best Universities for Distance Education?
If you want to get Degree without living your job or without attending College, distance education or correspondence course is best option for you. The Degree from open university is not as effective as regular full time course Degree, but it can help you to some extent. Here is the information of some well known universities of India for Distance education.
1. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - Right Now IGNOU is the largest and most popular university in India for distance learning courses and certificates courses. It offers largest numbers of courses including MBA and MCA. Some courses of IGNOU requires to attain few class room session also. For most of the subject or stream candidate need not to go through any entrance test, but some courses like MBA and MCA, candidates need to clear entrance test. The fee is low, MCA in IGNOU will cost a max of Rs. 32000.00 (approximate), Payable in installment of close to Rs. 5000.00, half yearly. Overall, the quality of education by IGNOU is low, IGNOU has still a long way to go. Get more detail about IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in
2. Annamalai University- Popular courses at Distance Learning Courses at Annamalai University are M.B.A courses, M.Phil courses, Hotel Management Studies, Fashion Design Studies, I.T Programmes, Health Science Programmes. All the programmes of study offered by the Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
Annamalai Nagar - 608 002
t : 91 - 4144 - 238248/263/796
f : 91 - 4144 - 238080
e : firstname.lastname@example.org
v : +91 - 4144 â€“ 237356/237357
3. Osmania University- Ever since the Osmania University established the Centre for Distance Education, the Centre has witnessed phenomenal growth and emerged as a pioneering institution in the field of Distance Education, with potential for excellence. Candidates from all over India will be admitted without age and area restriction and without any entrance test [Except for MBA & MCA ]provided they fulfill the requisite conditions of eligibility to various courses.
4. Sikkim Manipal University- The courses include Master degree programs, Bachelor degree programs, Diploma and Post Graduate diploma programs, both in Information Technology and Management category.
5. NALANDA OPEN UNIVERSITY (NOU)- The Nalanda Open University is the only University in the State of Bihar meant for imparting learning exclusively through the system of distance education.
Nalanda Open University Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna-800001, Bihar, India
6. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning(SCDL) , Pune - Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning(SCDL) is a centre of excellence offering quality Distance Education.
7. Karnataka Open University - Total Enrollment in the year 2000 were 27231; Enrollments in 2004 are over 30,000 students
8. University of Madras Institute of Distance Education (University of Madras IDE), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
9. Mahatma Gandhi University - School of Distance Education, Kottayam, Kerala
10. ICFAI University - A number of educational programs are offered in management, finance, banking, insurance, accounting, law, information technology, arts, commerce, education and science and technology at Bachelors and Masters levels on full-time campus and flexible learning formats. Examinations are conducted at over 168 test centers all over India, four times a year. The University has no study centers outside the authorized jurisdictions.
Easiest option is SMU. Sikkim Manipal University offers now all courses of bachelor and master degree. It is now well known university for Master degree in all over India. It has optional questions in the examination. It is very easy for working people also. All the details about SMU examination, admission, results and questions you can take here:
You need BSC with Relevant Subject check on there web site
I just wanted to know the "complete procedure" to join this course.
First you purchase application and send to university and the management has send call letter
i want to do UG in electrical and electronics. Can you please guide me which university is best for me?
Thanks for your info.
Can you please tell which universities are offering M.Sc(Bio-Chemistry) in Distance mode.
Thanks in advance for your assistance on this.
Recently, I was looking for a quality distance education and found Sikkim Manipal University. It has got all what I was looking for in a distance education. It has more than 600 learning centers in India with flexible innovative curriculum. But what makes SMU-DE (Sikkim Manipal University of Distance Education) stand apart is how they make the distance education as stimulated as Live classrooms and now its enhanced with their new feature called as Edunext. Anybody who is looking for a distance-learning/correspondence course, I would recommend SMU-DE. The admissions are open for fall 2009. For more information please check the website.
Thank you for information.....
But i heard that Only Andhra Universty from Andhra Pradesh is offering M.sc (Bio-Chem). Is it true....?
If so what is the Eligibility creteria...?
Is there any entrance test to opt this M.sc course.
For this year i want to join in that course, I just wanted to know the process for this year.
Please let me know the full details.
Thanks for your info.But is really Andhra Universty from Andhra Pradesh is offering M.sc (Bio-Chem).
I saw recent notifincation which is for Distance education form Andhra Unversity, But in that list M.sc(Bio-Chem) is not there...
What to do..?
If you want to get Degree without living your job distance education is best option for you. There are many distance learning universities but choosing the best is very necessary .Some of the best universities are Amity, Symbiosis, Sikkim manipal .But on my experience Sikkim Manipal University distance program is much better than other distance learning Institute it’s my personal advice coz I’ve also complete my BBA & MBA from this University. SMUDE uses the latest edunxt technology to create a virtual classroom where you can interact with the faculty and students and thereby also network with other students, which is a unique and one of its kind feature amongst other colleges offering distance education. For the prospectus and speaking to their counsellor you can register for free