Thread: MCA Entrance

MCA Entrance

Hi i live in delhi. I am doing BCA 3rd semester from PTU , Jalandhar through Distance Education.I didn't had maths at +2 level so i didn't got admission in BCA regular course.

I want to do MCA after BCA. So please tell me the procedure of it. I have gone through SANMACS website and seen that most of the universites have very less seats like Jamia, JNU(best univ.) and other universities except I.P. universities which has around 900 seats.

Is I.P. good for MCA ? I know its very good for BCA. What about other universites. Is it possible to crack JNU and DU entrance as they have very less seats.

I only have few options of I.P., jamia, JNU and DU as i live in delhi.

Is it possible to do MCA regular(Not Distance or correspondence) from univ. of other states by living in delhi ?

Re: MCA Entrance

It usually depends on how much % you have scored for getting to study in your local area university or so.

Admission is through entrance tests, which are conducted separately by different universities offering the course. The MCA entrance exams usually have questions based on higher mathematics (sometimes B.Sc. level) and reasoning. Most of the MCA entrance tests are purely objective in nature. But a few tests also have a mix of objective, short-answer, and long-answer types of questions. The selection to most of the colleges in India, is through the written test only But for some colleges like DU, IMT, Symbiosis (MPIT), there is an interview/GD for the candidates short-listed after the written test. The tests are generally of 2-3 hours duration. Negative marking may or may not be there. The number of seats for the MCA programme is very limited. For MCA Entrance Tests of different colleges, there are different syllabi. Hence, it is difficult to have an integrated approach while preparing for these.

The extremely competitive nature of the Entrance Tests necessitates a focussed preparation supplemented by sustained practice over a long period of time and under competent guidance. One needs to be essentially good at higher mathematics, as most of the MCA Entrance Tests comprise Mathematics (chiefly upto XII standard), Statistics, and a little knowledge about Computers.

Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and Delhi University (DU) are good university.. in fact comes among top10 universities for MCA in India. If you can crack the entrance for any of these 2 then it will be a boon. Besides, Indraprastha University (IP) also has good reputation. Although not in top10, it comes into top50 colleges. So you have this option if cant make it for the previous 2 options. I dont know anything about Jamia.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek_master146 View Post
    Is it possible to do MCA regular(Not Distance or correspondence) from univ. of other states by living in delhi ?
    I think this is not possible. Eithr you have to go in that state or you can pursue the degree through distance education format. I think so but not sure.

One needs to be essentially good at higher mathematics

I didn't had maths at +2 level but i have studied maths at graduate level which is almost of +2 level but studying in +2 would have been better as i only know basics of +2 maths like integration, differentiation and probability.

IP univ. has following pattern in MCA entrance:-

English 25%
    Maths 25%
    Computer Awareness 25%
    Logical and analytical ability 25%

Please reply.

"Hi friend, after completing your BCA you can take admission in MCA.List of Universities offering a course in MCA through Distance Learning in India. Distance learning courses are getting popular in India and lot of students wants to earn their degree while working. Here is a list of Universities offering MCA through distance learning
    Indira Gandhi National Open University
    Osmania University
    Annamalai University
    Symbiosis MBA through Correspondance
    Mumbai University - IT courses through Distance Education.
    but I’ve one more option which is much better than all of above and that is Sikkim Manipal University distance program. Sikkim Manipal University distance program is one of the best which provides you the best education in best way. It is also accredited by government and there is no entrance test for admission. I have done my MCA from Sikkim Manipal University. SMUDE uses the latest edunxt technology to create a virtual classroom where you can interact with the faculty and students and thereby also network with other students, which is a unique and one of its kind feature amongst other colleges offering distance education. For the prospectus and speaking to their counselor you can register for free at: http://bit.ly/smude
    "

Can some tell me about the upcoming mca entrance exams?

First of which location you stay. For which university do you want the dates. I know some of them for which I am posting some information here. The first is BIT Mesra online MCA Entrance Test 2010 & Birla Institute of Technology online MCA Entrance Test 2010. The date of issuing Form is March 3rd week to April 4th week and the exam date is May 3rd week, 2010. This all exams have been gone now. Are you looking for the next year dates.

i hv got 91/200 in mh cet mca so wht all colleges in navi/mumbai hv good placements" with d detail regardin fee,.. its urgent as hv to fill in cet prefernc so plzz help... thnk u ....

magichost Guest

My experience says one must have excellent technical skills, academic records does matter while getting entry in MNCs, but in the end its all about your technical skills..

I Hope this helps