Thread: LIC requries ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (AAO)

LIC requries ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (AAO)

Job Description :

Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) in Life Insurance Corporation of India.

Total – 530 Vacancies

• Assistant Administrative Officer (Generalists) – 400 Vacancies
    • Assistant Administrative Officer (Chartered Accountants) – 100 Vacancies
    • Assistant Administrative Officer (Actuarially Qualified) – 030 Vacancies

Eligibility Conditions as on 1st March, 2009 shall be as under :

Age : Minimum Age shall be 21 years (completed) as on 1st March, 2009. Maximum age shall be 30 years. Relaxations in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/ECO/SSRCO/Persons with Disabilities/Confirmed LIC employees shall be as under :

• SC/ST :5 Years
    • OBC : 3 Years
    • PH(Gen) :10 Years
    • PH(SC/ST) : 5 Years
    • PH(OBC) :13 Years
    • ECO/SSRCO (GEN) : 5 years
    • ECO/SSRCO (SC/ST) : 10 Years
    • ECO/SSRCO (OBC) : 8 Years
    • Confirmed LIC employees :Further Relaxation of 5 years

Qualification:

• AAO(Generalist)

Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian or Foreign University with a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate in either of the Degrees which is relaxable to 45% in case of SC/ST candidates. If any University awards grades instead of marks, applicants should clearly mention the numerical equivalent of the grades in terms of aggregate marks.

Preference shall be given to candidates having professional qualification like CFA/ CS/FIIRM/MBA from recognized University or Institute.

• AAO (Chartered Accountant)

An Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India

• AAO (Actuarially Qualified)

A pass in Seven or more Subjects (Papers) of the Examinations conducted by the Institute of Actuaries, London or the Actuarial Society of India (excluding Paper - CT9 – Business Awareness Module) as on the date of eligibility.

Re: LIC requries ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER(AAO)

• Emoluments and Benefits

Basic pay Rs. 11,110/- per month in the scale of Rs.11,110 - 540(14) – 18670 – 560(4) – 20,910 (under revision) and other admissible allowances as per rules. Total emoluments will be approximately Rs. 18,250/- in a city like Mumbai. Other benefits are Non-Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension (applicable as per the scheme existing on the date of appointment), LTC, Medical Benefit, Group Savings Linked Insurance (GSLI), Group Term Insurance , Vehicle (2 wheeler/4 wheeler) Advance, etc as per rules of the Corporation.

Candidates who possess two years’ post qualification experience as Chartered Accountant in reputed organizations as on the date of eligibility shall be eligible for two advance increments on their appointment as Assistant Administrative Officer (Chartered Accountant) in the Corporation.

• Application Fees (Non-refundable):

Application Fee of Rs.300/- shall be payable in Cash during cash collection hours at any Cash Collection Center of LIC Offices viz. Satellite/Branch /Divisional /Zonal Office of Life Insurance Corporation of India. Demand Drafts/Cheques shall not be accepted. On-line applications shall be registered only on payment of Application Fee of Rs.300/- in Cash (wherever applicable) . On payment of application fee, candidates will be issued a Miscellaneous Receipt containing details such as Transaction Number, Transaction Date, Branch Code & Miscellaneous Collection Number appearing on the Receipt issued to him/her. The receipt must be carried while filling up the application on-line so that the required details related to payment of fees can be filled correctly.

Before leaving the Cash Collection Centre, candidate should specifically check that the Account Code No.114033 is appearing in the Miscellaneous Receipt issued to him/her. Candidate should also check that his/her name is correctly reflected in the Miscellaneous Receipt .

Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe /Physically Handicapped Candidates are not required to pay any fee.

• Service Conditions

These shall be as applicable in the Corporation from time to time. These posts are regular and selected candidates, on appointment, are liable to be posted or subsequently transferred anywhere in India.

Selection procedure: For Assistant Administrative Officer (Generalists)

A Competitive examination will be held at 37 centers in India. Applicants will have to appear for the written examination on 7th June, 2009 (tentative) at the centre chosen by them/ allotted to them at their own expenses. The Corporation, however , reserves the right to change the examination date. Candidates will be informed accordingly in case of any change in the date of examination. Appearing in the written examination will not automatically confer any right for being selected for the said post. Selection will be on the basis of overall performance in the Written Test and Interview. Further, the appointment of candidates will be subject to his/ her being found medically fit in the pre-recruitment medical examination.

Choice of Examination Centre: (For AAO Generalists only).

Candidates should indicate the Code Number/Name of the Test Centre in the appropriate column of the online Application form. No change of Centre will be permissible at a later date. The Corporation, for administrative reasons, however, reserves the right to direct the candidate to appear for Written Test at any Centre other than the one chosen by the candidate.

Proposed Examination Centers

1. Agra - 11
    2. Ahmedabad – 12
    3. Allahabad – 13
    4. Bengaluru – 14
    5. Bhopal – 15
    6. Chandigarh – 16
    7. Chennai – 17
    8. Coimbatore – 18
    9. Cuttack – 19
    10. Dehradun – 20
    11. Dharwad – 21
    12. Gangtok – 22
    13. Guwahati – 23
    14. Hyderabad – 24
    15. Indore – 25
    16. Jabalpur – 26
    17. Jaipur – 27
    18. Jammu – 28
    19. Jalpaiguri – 29
    20. Kanpur – 30
    21. Kolkata – 31
    22. Kozhikode – 32
    23. Lucknow – 33
    24. Madurai – 34
    25. Mumbai – 35
    26. Nagpur – 36
    27. New Delhi – 37
    28. Panaji – 38
    29. Patna – 39
    30. Pune – 40
    31. Ranchi – 41
    32. Raipur – 42
    33. Shillong – 43
    34. Silchar – 44
    35. Thiruvananthapuram – 45
    36. Varanasi – 46
    37. Visakhapatnam – 47

LIC AAO Written Test:

• Paper I (Objective): Reasoning Ability (Bilingual – English/Hindi), Numerical Ability (Bilingual – English/Hindi), General Knowledge & Current Affairs (Bilingual – English/Hindi), English Language with special emphasis on grammar and vocabulary

• Paper II (Descriptive): Test on Essay (can be written in Hindi or English), Precis & Comprehension in English.

Selection Procedure for Assistant Administrative Officer (Chartered Accountant & Actuarially Qualified)

Selection will be based on the performance in the interview and fitness is pre-recruitment medical examination. The number of candidates to be called for interview will be about three times the number of vacancies to be filled in under each post.

Probation :

• One year, extendable upto 2 years

Guarantee Bond:

Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including probationary period) failing which, he/she will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs. 100000/- (Rupees one lakh only) to the Corporation. The candidate will have to submit an Indemnity Bond for Rs. 100000/- (Rupees one lakh only) duly stamped and executed by a Surety of sound financial standing and not related to the candidate. The stamp value of the Bond will be as applicable to the State in which the bond is executed by the Surety.

How to apply for LIC AAO (for all posts):

Candidates are necessarily required to register On-line for applying. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted. Candidates have to register on-line only after obtaining a receipt for payment of application fee, wherever applicable, at the cash collection centre of LIC. If not, applications shall be invalid. Eligible candidates are required to log in to the designated website http://jobs.licindia.co.in for submission of applications on-line. While filling the ‘Fee Details’ in the online application form, candidates are required to enter and check the following:

• LIC branch code (upper left hand corner of the miscellaneous receipt) – maximum 4 characters (alpha numeric)
    • Miscellaneous collection number – maximum 6 digits (appearing in the shaded portion of the box)
    • Transaction number (Tr. No.) – Maximum 8 digits (appearing on the left hand corner of the receipt)
    • Transaction date (appearing on the upper left hand corner of the receipt)
    • Life Insurance Corporation- Assistant Administrative Officer Important Dates

Opening date of acceptance of application money at cash collection centres of LIC: 21st March, 2009

Opening date of online registration: 23rd March, 2009

Last date for acceptance of application money: 08th April, 2009

Closing date for on-line registration: 11th April, 2009

Written Examination: 07th June, 2009

Re: LIC requries ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (AAO)

Can any one let me know what would be the mode of interview for AAO chartered accountants .............

Hello sir,

Can u pls send me the model question papers if any for AAO (Generalists)? or pls let me know any of the best available material to prepare for this exam pls hope ur reply on
    Last edited by Yashk; 14-05-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Personal detail removed

Greatings for the day,
    sir my name is Hemanthchakravarthy, im persuing my MBA(finance). Im into my 4th sem and till date my percentage in MBA is 57%, i dont have the required percentage of marks in my bachelors degree(48%).can i apply for the AAO exam. Am i eligible to apply the exam as my acedemic year would be completed by may/june 09.kindly suggest me whether i could apply for the post or not.kindly do the needful as soon as possible.

regards,
    hemanth

Hello sir,

Can u pls send me the model question papers if any for AAO (Generalists)? or pls let me know any of the best available material to prepare for this exam pls hope ur reply on
    Last edited by Yashk; 14-05-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Personal detail removed

Hello sir,

Last edited by Yashk; 14-05-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Personal detail removed

lets discuss about LIC AAO(generalist) interview preparations,

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments