Online Registration Of Application Will Commence From 1st April 2009.
1. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria and desiring to offer their services should submit their applications online by logging onto our website www.cpcl.co.in and click on “Careers”. Applications will not be accepted through any other mode.
2. All the qualifications should be full time regular courses from a Government recognized Indian University / Institute recognized by AICTE / appropriate statutory authority.
3. The selection methodology will comprise of Written Test and Personal Interview of short-listed candidates for assessment of different facets of Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Aptitude. The candidates will have to pass through each stage including Medical fitness successfully for being adjudged suitable for selection.
4. Candidates are required to possess a valid e-mail id (to remain active for at least one year), which is to be entered in the application form, so that intimation regarding downloading of call letter for written test / interview can be sent. CPCL will not be responsible for any non-receipt / bouncing of any email sent to the candidates. However, necessary information will be put up on our website from time to time.
5. Candidates not belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged category, shall attach with the registration slip, a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) as application fee (non-refundable) in favour of CHENNAI PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED, payable at Chennai. Cheque / MO / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable. SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
6. Candidates (other than SC/ST/Physically Challenged) are required to furnish the details of Demand Draft (towards application fee) in order to register their application online.
7. All candidates may take note of the following steps in the process of online submission of application:
a) Login to www.cpcl.co.in
b) Click on “Careers” and then “ Recruitment of Engineers”
c) Read the advertisement carefully and click on “Register online” and fillup the online application form with your details.
d) In case of candidates not belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged category, they should have obtained the Demand Draft beforehand, so as to enter the DD details in the online application.
e) After entering all the required details, click on “Submit” and take a printout of the registration slip.
f) Please do not try to save the online form or the registration slip on your computer as you can reprint the registration slip till the last date of submission of application.
g) Paste a recently taken passport size photograph on the registration slip, attach the Demand Draft (in case of Non SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates) or attested copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates or attested copy of Disability Certificate in case of Physically Challenged candidates.
h) Please mention your name and registration number on the reverse of the Demand draft / attested copy of Caste / Disability Certificate, as applicable.
i) Send the registration slip (pasted with your recent passport size photograph) and DD as well as attested copy of Caste / Disability Certificate in an envelope superscribed as “Application for the position of Engineer”, through normal post to “THE ADVERTISER, CHENNAI PETROLEUM CORPORATION LTD., POST BOX NO. 9248, KRISHNA NAGAR HEAD POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI –110 051”, SO AS TO REACH LATEST BY 04-05-2009. Please note that the envelopes sent through registered post or couriers are not accepted on Post Box Number.
j) You will be intimated about the details of written test latest by 11-05-2009.
k) On receipt of the e-mail intimation, you will have to once again follow the steps in (a) and (b) above and click on “Print Admit card”
l) Take a printout of the Admit card, paste a recently taken passport size photograph (same as the one you pasted on the registration slip) on the Admit card and carry the Admit Card to the Examination venue on the date and time indicated therein.
m) For reprinting of registration slip, follow the steps in (a) & (b) above, and click on “Reprint Registration Slip”. Fill in the date of birth, email id or registration number and then click on “Continue” to view and reprint the registration slip.
8. Online submission of applications will be kept open from 01-04-2009 to 30-04-2009 (both days inclusive). Candidates are allowed to apply only once and applications once submitted cannot be altered under any circumstances.
9. The period of experience will be determined upto 30.04.2009.
10. The selection for the above posts shall be done on the basis of the written test followed by personal interview of the candidates shortlisted in the written test. The written test shall be conducted in Chennai only.
11. Wherever CGPA / OGPA / DGPA or Letter Grade in a Degree is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
12. Candidature of the registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
13. Candidates applying against Physically Challenged category shall have not less than 40% of relative disability. An attested copy of the Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority, viz. a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or State Government shall be furnished, while applying, failing which their application will be rejected.
14. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper Caste Certificate as per the proforma prescribed by the Government of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the Schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training in the Govt. of India OM No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08-09-1993.
15. Candidates serving in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies should furnish “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
16. The candidates should furnish original certificates in support of age, educational qualification and experience at the time of appearing for interview along with photocopies duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. Only after scrutiny of the testimonials / certificates and subject to the candidates being found eligible as per advertised criteria, they will be allowed for the interview.
17. Selection and Appointment of candidates is subject to verification of Caste / Character & Antecedents from authorities concerned.
18. Out Station SC / ST candidates called for Written test / Personal Interview will be reimbursed single Second Class Railway / Bus fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 kms. Reimbursement will be made subject to submission of TA claim along with original rail ticket / receipt or photocopy thereof or original bus tickets(s) and copy of Community Certificate. Reimbursement of travel claim will not be allowed, if community certificate is not produced and if the SC/ST candidate is found ineligible as per Press Advertisement criterion.
19. Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts and mere fulfillment of qualification, experience and other eligibility requirements laid down, does not entitle a candidate to be called for the written test / interview.
20. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible for any of the above posts.