Thread: For engineering what is better after SSC : Diploma or HSC

For engineering what is better after SSC : Diploma or HSC

hi
    i am looking for guideline for my brother ,he is now pursuing ssc from mumbai and looking to be engineer the problem is dont understand what to choose after ssc diploma or HSC .please suggest some one what is better .?
    thank you

Re: For engineering what is better after SSC :Diploma or HSC

choosing Diploma or HSC should be decision of your brother no one should force to any direction . else matter for diploma and Hsc both not easy without effort .the only thing is for HSC you need CET and for Diploma you dont need that .

Re: For engineering what is better after SSC :Diploma or HSC

what i heard CET is going away from next year so i dont think that will bothering much. i think after ssc the student is not capable to identify their interest in any field so putting them in diploma is mostly not good idea .
    i have seen lots of people who completed there diploma in electronics but after 3or 4 years they fount them self more towards other field. so my suggestion HSC is BETTER, just put hard effort

Re: For engineering what is better after SSC : Diploma or HSC

You should ask your brother if he is interested in engineering courses. If he is not sure, you can take him to career counselor who can track and determine his field of interest and will advice you for a specific career suitable for him.

If engineering is to be done, then going directly to diploma after SSC is good option. Engineers having diploma background have an extra advantage in career as they spent 6 years in engineering field as compared to HSC+Engineer who spent 4 years in engineering field. Also after HSC, getting into better engg. course is very tough as it requires very high percentage in HSC and then very good percentile in CET. And CET will be there for HSC students applying for engg. and is never going to be removed.

As compared, after diploma, if you have better percentage in last year, you get direct admission to 2nd year of engg. and thus you are saved from the dreadful 1st year which is considered as the toughest year in any engg. course.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER

For engineering what is better after SSC : Diploma or HSC

Sir,
    i am looking for guideline for my Doughter,she is now pursuing ssc from mumbai and looking to be engineer the problem is dont understand what to choose after ssc diploma or HSC .please suggest some one what is better .?
    thank you.
    Thanks
    Regards

Hello I think you should go for the Diploma course. I need more information of this question like how much percentage your sister got and I also know on which filed she have interest and after that we can give right direction. If you want choose from Diploma or HSC after SSC, I would like to suggest you to go for the Diploma. As you compare to the HSC and diploma and I think there is lots of competition in HSC and there is less competition as compare to the HSC.

First Find Interest of you child : Engineering or Medical/Pharmacy/Chemical or architecture or fashion designing
    If interested in pharmacy-medical HSC is the only option. If interested in engineering best is to go for Diploma and then Degree.
    By doing these you can allocate all your effort of preparing Chemistry-Biology-Physics of 11th and 12th and CET preperation towards respective diploma engineering. choosing HSC and CET for engineering you will risk life of child
    if anything wrong in CET. If your kid is extraordinary smart , CET is still like a good luck... I hope these will help to take decision.
    child interest is more important and you should discuss with his/her interest and future of that interest. Ultimately one has to earn and live on that interest.
    Last edited by viki123; 06-08-2011 at 10:16 AM.