Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPSC Exam Details and Schedule

MPSC Exam Details and Schedule

Hello Friends,

I am at the Final year of Automobile Engineering and will be completing the due course in the Month of May, hence am looking forward to appear for the MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) exam, i have selected this Exam because i heard that by giving this i will be eligible for Government post within India and am looking forward for the RTO officer post, If anybody has appear for this exam or making a preparation then please let me know When this Exams held, what will be exam scenario and the Schedule of the Exams.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your Information.

Re: MPSC Exam Details and Schedule

MPSC is a Maharashtra Public Service Commission. It is a body which conducts various exams for recruitment in Maharashtra government departments and agencies. It conducts competitive exams and interviews.

When there are openings / vacancies in government departments, MPSC advertises the exam schedule. You need to apply in a prescribed format. The advertise gives details about eligibiliy criterias and how to appear for exams etc.

Keep looking for the ads in leading newspapers. You can even subscribe to "Employment News" newspaper which is published every week.

My best wishes to you.

List Of Compulsory And Optional Subjects

Compulsory Subjects:
    • Marathi
    • English
    • General Studies – I
    • General Studies - II

Optional Subjects:

• Computer Science
    • Mechanical Engineering

Here i will explain only about the Mechanical Engineering as per your requirements:

Total Marks : 200
    Section - A( Marks : 50 )
    Materials and Their Behaviour

Fundamentals : Force, moment, couple, resultant of forces, Equilibrium offorces, friction and friction angle, columb friction, rolling friction andbelt friction, frictional torque in pivot and Collar bearings, MI, Work andenergy

Strength of Materials : Normal and Shearstresses, Stress-strain diagram, thermal stresses, shear force and bendingmoment diagrams, bending stresses in solid, hollow and built up sections,deflection of beams, shear stress distribution, strain energy, torsion ofbars, shafts and helical springs, Deflection of beam under differentconditions, impact load

Theory of Machines : Kinematic link,pair, chain, Mechanism and structure, degrees of freedom, Cams, Gear trains,fluctuation of speed and energy in flywheel, Gyroscope, Balancing of rigidrotor, Single and multi-cylinder engines and V-engines, belts and chaindrives, Hydrodynamic bearing

Engineering Materials : Crystallinestructure of metals and alloys, defects in crystalline materials, Iron-Carbonequilibrium diagram, plain carbon steel, alloy steel, cast iron and types,Brass and Bronze, Aluminum, lead, Tin, Zinc- their properties andapplications, Plastic deformation, bearing materials, plastics, ceramics,composite materials, Heat treatment of steels

Mechanical Engineering syllabus details for MPSC Exam

Section - B( Marks : 50 )

Design of Elements : Theories of failure,factor of safety, combined stressesPressure vessels, struts and columnsDesign of Screw and bolt, power screw, Design of Shafts and springs,keys, couplings

Design of Gears : (Spur, helical, bevel and worm), Designof clutches and brakes, fatigue consideration in design

System Design : Design of mechanicalsystems, specification of components, Design of system including material handlingsystems, power plants, refrigeration and air conditioning systems, pneumaticand hydraulic systems, etc

Dynamics of machines : Inertia forceanalysis, law of gearing, interference and minimum number of teeth,Longitudinal - transverse and torsional vibration, free-forced vibration,critical and whirling speed of shaft, vibration isolation

Mechanical Engineering syllabus details for MPSC Exam

Section - C( Marks : 50 )

Manufacturing Science :Theory of metal cutting, Merchant'sforce analysis, Tool materials, Taylor's tool life equation, Machinability,economics, cutting fluids, Chip removal, Calculation of cutting force onsingle point cutting tools, twist drills, milling cutter, broaches, reamers,Jigs and fixtures Recent machiningmethods - EDM, ECM, PAM, Ultrasonic and Laser, etc

Manufacturing Processes : Casting, moulding-Types, equipments and defects, hot and cold working of metals - blanking,shearing, punching, piercing, coining, embossing, drawing, spinning andforging, Metal joining processes- welding, soldering, brazing, High energyrate forming, electroplating, surface finishing processes

Manufacturing Management : Production planningand control, forecasting - Moving average, moving range, exponentialsmoothening, scheduling, assembly line balancing, Inventory Control - ABCanalysis, EOQ models, Statistical quality control and TQM, TPM Elements of cost, job costing, processcosting, estimation of machining time

Operation Research : Linear programming -Graphical and simplex methods, transportation and assignment models, gametheory, queuing models, CPM and PERT, Replacement models, value analysis

Section - D( Marks : 50 )

CAD / CAM

CAD : Overview and benefits of CAD,primitives, 2D / 3D animation, Bazier curves and splines, Wire-framemodeling, surface and solid modeling, kinematic analysis of open and closedloop mechanisms, stiffness matrix, finite element analysis, optimum design,constrained optimization - Penalty function method, computer aided optimumdesign of gears, bearing sand shafts

Product Development : Design materials, human factors indesign, applied ergonomics, product development processes, customer needs,product specifications, concept generation and selection, productarchitecture, product design methods - function analysis, objective trees,QFD, morphological chart method, weighted objective method, value engineeringmethod Design for manufacturing, legal issues in product design, economics

Machine Tool Design : Kinematics ofmachine Tools, structural and ray diagrams for speed, stepped and step lessregulation of speed, static and dynamic rigidity of machine tools, Vibrationof machine tools, chatter, Slide ways and guide ways

CAM : Types of automation, Steps in NCmanufacturing, manual and NC part programming, APT, Machining centres, FMS,Computer Aided Process Planning, CMM, CIMS & its components, Robotics

smile Re: MPSC Exam Details and Schedule

Hello Friends,

I am the Diploma holder in Mechanical engg. from Govt. Polytechnic Jintur. I wants the information about A.R.T.O. post on DME basis and it's syllabus & where should I go for classes.
    Thanking For Information.

Hello,
    I am appearing for coming MPSC state service exam. I have selected management and computer science as optional subjects.

Is it possible to give these optional subjects in English and
    General studies I & II in Marathi ?

Where i will be able to find information regarding this?

hi friends.. i have done bachelors in hotel management and catering technology and m looking forward to appear for Mpsc exams but i have no or very less idea about the post and subjects to be chosen. can anyone help me for the same.. thank you.

what isthe criteria for MPSC RTO exam.. Licenses required including Heavy Vehical..etc

helooo tel me criteria for MPSC RTO exam..i s there any Heavy motor vehicle licence required

hii guys,
    I am new here...

Some one has mentioned above that we have Computer Science as an option for MPSC..
    can some1 please give me details, I have completed my BE in Computer Engg
    aswell please tell me when are the exams and the related notification.

Thank you
    Ajit Ambekar

HI,
    I have bought MPSC Prelims form. I get two forms one for Prelim and other for Mains.
    I want to know, do I need to submit Mains form also or keep it with me and it has to be submitted only when we are cleared with Prelims.

Please reply as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance.

question Re: Mechanical Engineering syllabus details for MPSC Exam

Arati
    hi i want to appear for mpsc/upsc exam so give me detail(procedure) regarding the topic...............

hi sir,
    i would like to go for the rto exam(maha),
    now i'm in 3rd year(production engg) so sir kindly tell me the total criteria and eligibility for the exam! thank you sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast