Thread: Procedure of becoming C.A.

Procedure of becoming C.A.

Hi,
    Right now i am in H.S.C and i am planning to do chartered accountant course after my results. I want to get complete information about C.A course. am i eligible for this course ? or should i do it after completing my graduation ?

Thanks in advance for all answers.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

Re: Procedure of becoming C.A.

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for the regulation of the profession of chartered accountancy in India.

The ICAI has setup three levels of exams for gaining membership to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India:
    • CPT
    • PCC
    • Final Exam

All the exams are compulsory to be awarded membership and due training under the guidance of a C.A firm in required.
    The Institute conducts its examinations in May and November each year and has exam centers in major cities/regions in India, one each exam center in Kathmandu (Nepal) and Dubai (UAE).

How to become a Charted Accountant CA:
    • Enroll with ICAI for Common Proficiency Test. Any student who has passed Class X can enroll for CPT.
    • Appear CPT examination after clearing 10+2.
    • Join PCC (Professional Competence Course).
    • Articled training and register for a 100 – HR Information technology Training (ITT) after passing CPT and 10+2 examination .
    • Undergo a 100 hr information technology Training(ITT) on completion of three months of articled training
    • Appear in Professional Competence Examination (PCE),
    • After passing PCE register for Final course with the Board of Studies and complete articled training of 3½ years.
    • Appear in final examination
    • Enroll ICAI for membership

Charted Accountant (CA) Career Offers:

With the introduction of CPT, now after completing Class XII, it only takes four years to become a Charted Accountant. The profession offers cent present job assurance. Though around 10,000 CA professionals graduate every year, the demand and supply gap still exists. According to an estimate, India would need 50,000 CA by the end of 2010.

Eligibility for Charted Accountant CA:

Charted Accountant (CA) course is one of the most economical professional course available in India. The course is open to all. There is no cut-off mark or minimum mark. Anybody who has passed 10+2 from a recognized institute can register for the course. However students with a background in mathematics in Class XII will be at an advantage.

abhinavsharma90 Guest

smile Re: Procedure of becoming C.A.

Yes.. u r eligible to do CA.. u just need to pass ur higher secondary and register or u can register before also.. no need to wait for Graduation...

I found the following link useful which describes the procedure to become a Chartered Accountant.. I am sharing it with you.. This may be helpful

Cheers