Thread: Studying for Server 2003 modules - any tips

Studying for Server 2003 modules - any tips

Hi guys

I'm about to go do the microsoft 290 and 291 modules on server 2003 to hopefully gain my MCSA and wondering if anyone had any tips. My XP and Vista course were pretty straightforward stuff but now the interesting bit starts and it's really my first look any any server stuff.

Any advice on stuff to look at would be great.

Cheers

Are you doing this course through any institute? For gaining MCSA certification, one needs to clear 4 exams. 1 in Windows client (XP/Vista), 1 in Windows server (2003/2008), 1 in server active directory and 1 in MS Exchange. After these 4 certifications, a person is eligible as MCSA.

Its good that you have finished with the client side training in XP & Vista. Now for getting into the server environment, google it for the tutorials. But its very difficult to get free stuffs on the internet. You will get better information from Microsoft site. Type in the keywords as mentioned to get proper results,
    • Exam 70-290
      Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment.

• Exam 70-291
      Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services

Yogesh Guest

Windows Server 2003 Help and Support

You will also get a better overview and first hand information in the Help & Support of MS Server 2003 installation. After you install Windows 2003 Server, type F1 which opens Help & Support. Go through the books you have and put any doubts regarding server operation in the Help & Support and it will provide you with information and the steps to carry out certain tasks. That is very helpful at times.

cheers guys, just looking to read up on stuff really - i know i'll have that chance when i get the books but want to start looking into these things you know - i'll try googling some stuff etc.

i am doing these through my local microsoft academy nitesh, as i said i've done my MCDST in XP and just completed my MCTS in Vista and i knew i could get my MCSA by doing the server modules so just jumped in really. Night time course, so gonna be hard to study but i'll get there.

thanks again.

Yogesh Guest
    Nice going . MCSA is a nice course to get into the server management field which is accompanied with tremondous responsibilities. After completing MCSA, you can also give 3 more exams to be an MCSE (server engineer) which are in great demand now a days. Best of luck

Re: Studying for Server 2003 modules - any tips

Ok so I started the 290 earlier this month, quite enjoying it tbh - there is a lot of crossover from the Vista Client course and the Enterprise Support Technician course which makes it a lot easier to understand.