Thread: Help with Oracle Certification!

Help with Oracle Certification!

Hi,
    I want to do oracle certification & need more information regarding the same.
    Please can you help me out with this?
    What is the requirement to do the certification? I mean the process for application etc.

Re: Help with Oracle Certification!

Oracle9i Database Administrator Track
    Oracle9i Database OCA
    Oracle9i DBA OCP
    Oracle9i Certified Master

The Oracle Certification Program for Oracle9i offers three distinct certification tiers that are built to fit the needs of both IT professionals as well as the organizations they serve.

Oracle9i Certified Database Associate

The Oracle Certification Program begins with the Associate level. At this apprentice skill level, Oracle Certified Associates have a foundation of knowledge that will allow them to act as a junior team member working with database administrators or application developers. Earning your Oracle Certified Associate credential as a beginning IT professional will give you recognition for your foundation of knowledge using Oracle technologies. This recognition will differentiate you from those without any credentials, and can help you build your career by obtaining access to entry-level opportunities.
    To become an Oracle Certified Associate, you must pass the exams required for the Oracle Certified Associate level of your selected job role. Typically, two exams are required; the first one can be taken via the Internet, while subsequent exams must be taken in a proctored environment.

You must pass the following two exams to obtain your OCA credential:
    ? Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL (#1Z0-007)
    This is an online exam. It is also available at Oracle University or Authorized Prometric Test Centers
    ? Oracle 9i Database: Fundamentals I (#1Z0-031)
    This is a proctored exam that is only available at Oracle University or Authorized Prometric Test Centers

Oracle Certified Professional
    The first step toward earning the highly respected Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) status is to earn your Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) credential. When you are ready to advance your Oracle9i database expertise then it's time to take the next step toward becoming an OCP.
    Oracle Certified Professionals have proven skills managing a large-scale database or developing robust applications that are deployed enterprise-wide. To become an Oracle Certified Professional, you must pass all required exams in your selected job role, including those at the Associate level. When you obtain this credential, you will have a valuable asset as you apply for more senior level opportunities and gain more credibility and support from your employer.

You must pass the following two exams to obtain your OCP credential:
    ? Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals II (#1Z0-032)
    ? Oracle9i Database: Performance Tuning (#1Z1-033)

If you want a job as Database administrator then you have to do a certified course from some reputed institute...
    Most popular institutes are NIIT, Aptech, IIHT, Oracle, etc...
    Do research about the institute
    that you are going to join...The best way to do this is to meet the students of the institute personally....

OCP(DBA) and Developer both are getting respect in market.
    Only certification is nothing.
    You need specialization(certification) and some experience in same field.
    Oracle Certification
    So its upto you. Which track do u choose for your career.

koolku Guest

smile Re: Help with Oracle Certification!

hi this koolku i am interest in oracle traing with live project, i am residing at mumbai anyone knows mumbai add