Thread: Homework for Students

Homework for Students

Hey Guys,

Is it necessary to give homework to school and college students? What do you think about this and why? Please comment!

Thank U in advance.

Re: Homework for Students

I personally think, homework should be given for regular practice. But it should not be burden on students. It will help them to grow their educational skills. And Practice makes a man perfect.
    But students also have right to enjoy their chilhood.

In my opinion home assignments are a combination of studies at home. If someone thinks that homework is a burden then they better understand that it is better than playing the whole day. A child who thinks that homework is a burden, should be aware of his/her results and reputation in class.

We should manage our life and make a routine for all things. Playing or watching television is not a bad thing, but only if we manage it sensibly.

I would like to conclude that managing our life is very important. If we are ready to give importance to play and other activities, then why not homework?

It is said that school life is free of tension and worries and is a lot of fun, but is this what people call fun? It is said that students usually spend their time talking to their friends and obviously don’t pay attention to the lectures being delivered. At home they are able to focus on what they need to learn without any disturbance. I think the students who do not pay attention at school cannot even work at home where they have many activities to keep themselves entertained.

To tell you honestly, 75 per cent of the students complete most of their homework in the class during lectures while 100 per cent of the students are in the habit of skipping exercises and questions (related to ‘maths’ and ‘English’). Many of those who complete their homework in school borrow registers of required subjects from their friends to ‘copy’ with a motive to simply complete the work fearing the wrath of the teacher.

In my opinion home assignments are a combination of studies at home. If someone thinks that homework is a burden then they better understand that it is better than playing the whole day. A child who thinks that homework is a burden, should be aware of his/her results and reputation in class.

We should manage our life and make a routine for all things. Playing or watching television is not a bad thing, but only if we manage it sensibly.

When I was a kid I never completed my Homework or assignments & i don't think it should be compulsory.
    We use to be in school for almost 8 hrs & I think that much time for studies in a day was more than enough.
    No more studies, homework & assignments for me!