Thread: Tasmac London - School Of Business

Tasmac London - School Of Business

TASMAC (Training and Advanced Studies in Management and Communications Ltd.) today announced the opening of Tasmac London - School of Business, the first ever Indian institution to have set up a full fledged campus in London-UK.

Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Giri Dua, Chairman & MD, TASMAC, said, “TASMAC London has been a significant achievement for us. Most of our education systems have British origins and setting up of an Indian institute campus in London is a landmark moment for the country.” He further added, “We are extremely proud of the fact that TASMAC London School of Business is the first foreign direct investment (FDI) in the education sector by an Indian company/ institution/ university in the UK with a 100% ownership – making TASMAC the first wholly owned subsidiary between India and UK in the education sector.”

Speaking on the occasion, Mr, Sameer Dua, JMD, TASMAC, said, “TASMAC London is validated by the University of Wales and offers the MBA and BA (Hons) in Business Administration programmes of the University. TASMAC London is accredited and recognized by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education (BAC).” Mr. Dua added, “Students have been recruited from across the world, and this offers an opportunity to students to learn about different cultures and ways of doing things. Further, students will experience a vibrant life at London, whether it is employment opportunities, business or pleasure – London offers the best of all.

The core strengths of TASMAC London comprises of an innovative and extensive curriculum, a faculty of industry stalwarts, committed teachers and scholars, a campus in London - the financial capital of the world, well equipped facilities, and an ongoing input from the corporate community through guest lectures. Transfer options are available between TASMAC London and TASMAC campuses in India.

At TASMAC London, students get an opportunity to experience a high level of internationalisation and diversity. The uniqueness of the programmes is the diverse mix of faculty and the expected student population fostering a robust exchange of perspectives, knowledge and ideas.

The first batch at the Tasmac London of School of Business with a capacity of 150 students will commence on the 13th of October. The next group will be taken in February 09. The London school is being run by a separate company, which is a fully-owned subsidiary of Tasmac in India The campus infrastructure is complete and ready to start operations. The faculty comprising of a complement of full-time staff and those visiting has been appointed & the school will be headed by Prof Marshall Hall.

The project cost for London was about £1 million (Rs. 8 crore). The funds for the same were generated internally and loaned from the Wembley branch of the Bank of India.

TASMAC, founded in 1990, is validated by the University of Wales, UK to offer various programmes. It has established its reputation over the years for setting the highest standards in International Education and is considered the pioneer of British Management education in India. TASMAC also has the credit of being the first management institute in India to be awarded the ISO9001: 2000 certification. TASMAC has been accredited and recognized by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education (BAC), making TASMAC the first institute outside Europe and the only Institute in India to receive this prestigious accreditation. It has campuses in Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata to offer the University of Wales validated MBA Full Time, MBA Part Time and BA (Hons) in Business Administration Programmes.

Thanks for sharing this information about Tasmac London - School Of Business with all of us!
    thanks again!

Re: Tasmac London - School Of Business

Hi

I would like to know more about Tasmac as i am planning to undertake the MBA programme for the Feb intake. Following are the detials i would like to know:
    1) I checked the prospectus for Tasmac and found that they are inly providing a certificate for Global business leadership and then the students have to submit a dissertation for obtaining the MBA degree to Wales University. So would like to now this MBA degree would be considered as valid as it can also be said as an online course that today many of the universities offer i guess?
    2) Once this MBA degree is awarded, is it posiible to get a good job?

Would Aprreciate your prompt response on the same.

Thanks

Depending on your overall academic performance & total year of experience, you can look for job from UK. There are various job shops from where you can look for jobs. Degree from TASMAC school of business is worldwide recognised & its recognised in India as well.

Visit TASMAC LONDON for more information.

TASMAC seems to make a lot of hollow claims about the value of its degree. They say that you get the opportunity to work in UK after the completion of the course. Is it the only business school with that advantage? No. They say that a diverse group of students from different cultural backgrounds study there! How can they say this when the first batch has just began? In the advertisement in their website, they claim London as the financial capital of the world, which is hardly true as London had lost that tag years ago. Why all these false promises? We want to do a MBA, not to land in the moon!

Hi
    Can anyone please help me on the below query?

I would like to know more about Tasmac as i am planning to undertake the MBA programme for the Feb intake. Following are the detials i would like to know:
    1) I checked the prospectus for Tasmac and found that they are inly providing a certificate for Global business leadership and then the students have to submit a dissertation for obtaining the MBA degree to Wales University. So would like to now this MBA degree would be considered as valid as it can also be said as an online course that today many of the universities offer i guess?
    2) Once this MBA degree is awarded, is it posiible to get a good job?

Would Aprreciate your prompt response on the same.

Thanks