Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Hi,
    I want to join police department so can anybody please tell me what is the eligibility criteria for IPS (Indian Police Service)?

Hello Ayaz!
    Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam every year. The Civil Services Exam holds the key for entry into a number of prestigious jobs in the country including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS).

IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview. The prelims are usually held in May /June. Mains are held in October/November. The exam is notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated post offices around the country and the exams are held in major cities.
    All The Best!

IPS PROCEDURES AND POLICIES 2009–2010
    This PDF file will be the needful document for all applicants for IPS.

Thanks alot Nihal sir & amar sir!

Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Hi guys My name is Manoj . I am a 22 year graduate. Want to join IPS. I have gone through eligibility criteria. But I want to ask one thing from you guys what is the eligibility criteria for the health. Means I uses spectacles. Can I join IPS while I use the specs. Please any body answer me.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by manoj chaudhary View Post
    Hi guys My name is Manoj . I am a 22 year graduate. Want to join IPS. I have gone through eligibility criteria. But I want to ask one thing from you guys what is the eligibility criteria for the health. Means I uses spectacles. Can I join IPS while I use the specs. Please any body answer me.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thank you very much.
    Did you check with the post made by Amar saxsena? In the link given all the criteria for eligibility are already present.

I am trying to find that particular post. Still unable to find that post . Could please anybody suggest and answer my question that I posted earlier. I would be greatful to you if you answer my question.
    Thank you for your reply and looking for reply of my question.
    Thank you very much.

hi sir
    myself rajeev gurung from sikkim i want to do ias/ips and i am graduated in the year 2008 BBA so could you please let me how can i do my preparation and what are things that i need before filling up of forms

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal G View Post
    Hello Ayaz!
    Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam every year. The Civil Services Exam holds the key for entry into a number of prestigious jobs in the country including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS).

IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview. The prelims are usually held in May /June. Mains are held in October/November. The exam is notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated post offices around the country and the exams are held in major cities.
    All The Best!

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Could you answer my this last query regarding this prestigious exam .
    Query : I am a graduate . I am looking for IPS Exam. But I uses specs ( Spectacles) . Will it be a negative point. Can a person who is using specs is eligible and if he passes the civil join the IPS.
    Please answer this last query.
    Looking for your reply.
    Thanks.

Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
    6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

Download the attachment below. The attachment includes all details regarding eligibility, education, physical status, etc. Review it thoroughly. It is an complete guide which will provide you information about the rule and regulations for qualifying an IPS examination.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Amar saxsena View Post
    IPS PROCEDURES AND POLICIES 2009–2010
    This PDF file will be the needful document for all applicants for IPS.
    The PDF file provided here is for IPS(International Peace Scholorship) fund. This is not at all a reference to Indian Police Services(IPS)

Thanks

unsure Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Is there any reason that you are planning to join Police ?
    Tushar.ks

In addition to proper eyesight, the physic of the candidate is also one of the important factors which includes weight, height, health, etc.

You can improve your eyesight by performing daily Yoga...it really increases your eyesight power...

question Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

hiiiii...evry 1 my name is pushpinder singh ..my aim in life is to become a i.p.s officer....so i wanna know more abt the eligibilty criteria ...plzz helpp mee...

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast