Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Kobo Aura HD font problem

Ebooks

Old 26-03-2014

Kobo Aura HD font problem

I am using a Kobo Aura HD and having some problem while adding monospace font without embedding it in every epub which calls for it. I have made a fonts directory in the root of my ebook reader and then copied otf files for a font called FreeFontMono into this directory. After that I switched on my ereader. But it doesnt seem to pick up the monospace font, so can anyone tell me how do I correct this issue? Thanks

Old 27-03-2014

Re: Kobo Aura HD font problem

When you are logged in your Windows system then you need to get in the internal font name by double clicking on an otf file and see at the top left corner for font name. You need to check all the fonts that you want and ensure the name is exactly the same in each. Can you tell us the name compared with the actual otf file names you have copied to the fonts directory. Incase the name for all is FreeMono then you can rename it to FreeMono.otf, FreeMono-Italic.otf, FreeMono-Bold.otf, FreeMono-BoldItalic.otf. Now check if the FreeMono appears as an option in the standard font menu after powering on your ebook reader.
Old 28-03-2014

Even after when you have corrected the naming, still you will also need to do a complete restart of your kobo aura hd ereader and then the added fonts will work properly. The thing here is that even if you put all of them in the fonts directory, the Kobo still does something to its own internal settings with them. Just follow the steps given above and you are good to go on.
Old 29-03-2014

There is a book with me which uses an embedded handwriting font and it still works even if the font name is not similar to the embedded font name. Sometimes I also normally strip out embedded fonts so its very difficult to check. There are some books with embedded fonts and it seems that this embedded font doesnt have same need for a name matching the internal font name similar to a font stored in the kobo.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , , , ,