Thread: Kobo Glo ebook reader crashing continuously

Kobo Glo ebook reader crashing continuously

I recently purchased my Koko glo ebook reader and I was looking to read the mibi books. I then put some ttf files in the fonts folder in this ereader and copied some different language books and when I was trying to read from it then nothing will work properly. The kobo glo starts to crash every minutes or so and it will only work fine if I dont read books that are in different languages? Now it has completely freezed and stuck in the welcome screen and if I try to reset it then it will stuck in the screen with little square? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Kobo Glo ebook reader crashing continuously

You will need to modify fonts in your Kobo Glo ereader so that you can read from the different language ebooks that you have stored in it. You have to name the font file which is tough as it requires power cycling the ereader after adding a new font. You can use the Windows Font Viewer to see the font family name under Windows. There are some occasions that the font files have little resemblance to the internal font name.

There could be also some problems with the different language books that you have downloaded and put it in your ebook reader. What was the source from where you downloaded it? Try to redownload them again or else you can also check them with epub checking software which will help you to diagnose the problem. There are many people who have read different languages book on this Kobo Glo.

You might need to change the font file names as per the font name used in Windows Font Viewer and then check if it works for you or not. For example there could be one font name in the font viewer in Chinese (Microsoft Yahei bold), just name your font name in Chinese as well and then you will not face this issues with the Chinese font name. Hope this helps.