Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Converting maps to ebooks for Kindle

Ebooks

Old 13-03-2014

Converting maps to ebooks for Kindle

How to get maps in Kindle ebook. I am having a very old version. I want some help to get maps in it. I had tried finding out the same on web but there is nothing available. There is no app or maps available for the ebook reader. I just want maps of a specific area. I hope there will be some way. Can I copy maps inside the ebook reader directly. Will it read. And if there is any ebook that provide maps then also it is fine.

Old 14-03-2014

Re: Converting maps to ebooks for Kindle

There is no app for Kindle. But if you had Kindle Fire then you can surely go for a Google Maps app. It is available. For Kindle you have to use some images. You can convert them to epub or any other Kindle readable format and use them in the ebook reader. That is the only choice left I think. There are various convertors available on the web that can help you to get proper maps. But things will be limited.
Old 15-03-2014

You can go ahead with various images to epub convertor that are available online. You will have to manually download the maps and save the portion you want. Then you can simply convert those things to a ebook reader format and copy that. That's it. It is a time consuming process when you have to save a huge amount of images. You can convert them one by one and then move it inside the ebook reader.
Old 18-03-2014

A few maps are available. You can download those from OpenStreetMap. This are all like images. You won't get Google maps kind of features on the same. There is one more app you can try. Just checkout ForeverMap 2. It offers you online as well offline maps on Kindle. Just download and test the same. See what output you are getting on it. Converting maps to images will be
time consuming and you might not get exact location info in it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , , ,