Thread: stylus for Sony PRS-T3 needed

stylus for Sony PRS-T3 needed

I am looking to purchase a new Sony PRS-T3 ebook reader for myself. I have checked that it doesnt come with any Stylus? So I was wondering from where I can buy a stylus for this Sony PRS-T3 reader so that it will be easy to use it without any finger touch. I am looking for a sleek designed stylus pen and not the thick ones that are already available on Ebay? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Re: stylus for Sony PRS-T3 needed

I received a plastic sytlus with my Sony T1 ereader that comes with 1/8inch diameter plastic tip. I also purchased cheap wated color brushes with plastic handle and cut it to 2inch long. Now I can use handle or brush end since both works similarly good but the brush end I like the most. You can try to get the soft handle end of interdetal brush at any local drug stores which can be also used to make good stylus.

The Sony stylus is made up of plastic that usually interrupts IR light crossing a little above the screen. The Kobo Aura HD and most of the Kobo eink readers come with IR touch screens. Also, if the diameter is too small then it wont register as a touch. It should be large enough diameter to block IR ligh beam to register touch and also must not scratch or damage screen.

You can always pick a pen that you would like incase you are looking to get something nice in your hand and then replace the ink barrel with a stylus refill. You can go to the website called Stylus Central where you can find a variety of stylus when PDAs were famous and you can also get IR refills from there. You can even use the SENSA MINX PEN-BLACK & SILVER GEOMETRIC which gives precise control on your eReaders, you can easily get it from ebay.