Thread: How to side load ebooks on Kindle fire HDX

How to side load ebooks on Kindle fire HDX

I recently bought a new Kindle Fire HDX and am searching for a way to side load other ebooks onto this ereader. Can anyone tell me if all the books can be shifted on both cloud tab and also having the cover displayed as well. I just want to have all the books in one place but if all the books are stored on the device and not in the cloud then it will take up too much space? So please suggest what should I do, thanks

Re: How to side load ebooks on Kindle fire HDX

Well, when I side loaded many apps on my Kindle fire HDX then they were showing on the Apps tab but only after when I searched for it. Also, after downloading a kindle book today I side loaded it and found out that no book files were appearing in the Books folder apart from the one that I side loaded. I dont know why the files are getting hidden from me.

Can you try to install an app called ES File Explorer from Amazon store on your Kindle fire. You can eventually try to add all your apk files to the dropbox and then you can easily access to it on your tablet. The problem is that when you side load any app then it will not show in the app list, you will have to search for it and then it will show in the app manager or ES file Explorer as well.

I have read that if the book cover is 300 x 500 or if it is too higher then it will not display on the Kindle Fire's carousel. You can only see it in the books list or in the quick link tab when swiping up as well. What you can do is search for a cover book and if it is a bigger file then open it in microsoft paint and resize it to below 300 x 500 and save the file. This will help to resolve the issue.