Thread: Sony Reader PRS-T1 not starting up

Sony Reader PRS-T1 not starting up

I have an old Sony Reader PRS-T1 which is having some problem in starting up. When I try to turn on the PRS-T1 then it shows the opening book message and the power light keeps blinking continuously but nothing happens. I have also tried to do a factory reset but it didnt work as well? Kindly let me know what else to do to fix this problem? Thanks

Re: Sony Reader PRS-T1 not starting up

I was also facing same issues with my Sony eReader. I just kept on resetting it again and again until it started working properly. After that it worked for 5-6 months flawlessly. I think that this problem happened because it was discharged fully but after when I plugged it to my computer in the usb port then it started working. Try to also reset it with a pen and press different buttons at the same time.

Can you tell us whether your Sony Reader PRS-T1 was rooted before? The problem that you are facing usually happens in this situations quite often. If you have not rooted your ebook reader then have you tried to perform different recovery troubleshooting provided on the Sony website. Just follow the link here to perform the step by step solution given - http://docs.esupport.sony.com/reader.../01/01/01.html

Have you checked whether there are any bad sectors in the MBR, just check if there are any space reserved in your ebook reader to find out if the bad sectors are residing there. If you found it then first back up the MBR and all other partitions and then format all the space from the MBR and then restore the MBR and partitions again and check if it works for you.