Thread: Sony Reader PRS-T1 wifi problem

Sony Reader PRS-T1 wifi problem

I am using a Sony Reader PRS-T1 and I am facing some issues with it. The wifi of this device will not wotk if I am trying to connect to the Wifi although it is able to search the wifi network without any issues. I have already done the factory reset on this device but still it is not working for me? So does anyone know how to get the wifi working in this ereader? Thanks

Re: Sony Reader PRS-T1 wifi problem

Can you try to restore the firmware for your Sony Reader PRS-T1, download it from this link. To restore, you will need to disconnect your ereader first. After that run the fix_permissions command and then connect your ereader in data transfer mode. After that enter the drive letter of the ebook reader and then flash it with this firmware. After flashing now check if the wifi works or not.

Even I was having issues connecting my Sony Reader PRS-T1 to the wifi from my router. But later on I found out that the router settings protected setup was turned off, so I simply turned it on and then connected the ebook reader to the wifi and it started working. So, check that you have made proper settings in the router or else you wont be able to connect this ereader.

Yes, you will need to make sure that there is no issues related to the router or such. Just check if it is even detecting the network that you have setup on your router. Try to use the ereader as close to the router and check. I have heard that the antenna used on the Sony Reader PRS-T1 is not that great, so you will have to keep it close to the router and see if that works.