Thread: Is Sony eReader PRS-T2RC worth it?

Is Sony eReader PRS-T2RC worth it?

I am using an old kindle ebook reader and there are many issues going with it with all the firmware updates and other problems. So therefore, now I am looking to buy a new Sony eReader PRS-T2RC. But my main concern was, is this ebook reader really worth it? Is there any firmware update annoyance with it or any other kind of problems with it? Thanks for any answer

Re: Is Sony eReader PRS-T2RC worth it?

At first glance, you will notice that Sony PRS-T2RC only has some little change. It comes in the same old colors like red, black and gray, has Wi-Fi, 2GB of internal memory that is expandable via microSD card etc. While the design has got some changes slightly compared to the previous model, but it has the same feature of the previous one. Sony will release a new firmware for this device that will boast new features and in addition, the reader is now compatible with Evernote and Facebook social network.

As said, the design of Sony PRS-T2RC is not changed much and looks similar like the previous model. The format is almost the same: slightly narrower than the Kindle 4. Unlike the older PRS-650, PRS-T2 is a lightweight device that can be hand-held for several hours of playback. Although the touch screen has become standard for two years for Sony e-readers (thanks to the excellent zforce infrared interface), the PRS-T2 comes with control buttons as well.

I have been using this eReader for almost a year now and only once I had faced the problem of freezing on it although a reset took care about it easily. The firmware from Sony for their product is rock solid but the updates are not so frequently released. You will get a notification when any update is available and you can choose if you want to update or not.