Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sony eReader PRS-T1 at 50% battery shuts down

Ebooks

Old 31-07-2013

Sony eReader PRS-T1 at 50% battery shuts down

I am using Sony PRS-T1 eReader for quite some time now and I have noticed that its battery life has started degrading day by day. If I scan almost 100 pages in the ereader then the battery will simply deplete completely. I havent seeen any bars disappearing in the battery meter but all of a sudden the device will be out of power. So, does it means that the battery is dead and I need to replace it with a new one? Thanks

Old 02-08-2013

Re: Sony eReader PRS-T1 at 50% battery shuts down

Can you try to take it each books from the eReader and then put only a few on and check if that makes some sort of difference. It is really hard to assume anything as Sony's software are not that good at judging the battery properly. What you can try to test is completely drain the batteru before charging it from the mains charger and see if that helps.
Old 03-08-2013

I will recommend you to completely charge the battery for a good 8 hour period for this Sony eReader PRS-T1 and at overnight. Also, try to charge it from the wall charger which is more relaiable than a pc. Check in the morning and see if it works properly or does the same thing. If still it is not working then surely the battery will be dead and its time for a replacement for it.
Old 05-08-2013

Even I was facing a similar problem with me eReader where the battery was fully discharging in a couple of hours even after full charging it. So what I did to fix it was, I charged the device with the wall charger and then once it was done completely, I did a reset by using the paerclicp + power button. Now the battery life is back to normal and it is working great.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , , ,