Thread: Nook Simple Touch software update

Nook Simple Touch software update

I have got a ebook reader of Nook Simple Touch from BARNES & NOBLE and I wanted to know whether any software update is available for the same, since I havent installed any updates on the eReader? Also, I heard that the latest update will install a new web browser in the reader along with new email and store app updates? Is this true, if so, then from where I can get the update? Thanks.

Re: Nook Simple Touch software update

Well, instead of installing the software updates you can also get more features than the one you have listed by rooting the Nook Simple Touch ereader. But it is a very complex method and it will require some understanding on how to do that or you will brick the device which wont work again. You can try to get hands on a rooted SD card for nook at some cost if you would like, simply search for it on google for who is selling it.

I think that there is a Software Update Version 1.2.1 available for NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight that you can directly download from the Barnes & Noble website. It includes some of the minor system enhancements. If you have registered your eReader then connect your NOOK Simple Touch to Wifi connection and then the software update will be automatically downloaded and installed in your device.

You can also try to upgrade your Nook Simple Touch by manually downloading the software update from the below link:
    http://su.barnesandnoble.com/nook/no...1_2_update.zip

After that you can follow the steps given on how to install this updates manually from this link - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...uch/379003175/