Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-06-2013

How to change default bookstore in Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight ereader

Actually i got cheated by Bookeen with Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight. I bought this eReader just couple of days ago. Before buying the same i knew that its store is in French language, hence i confirmed with Bookeen whether the default store can be changed or not. I got a reply saying "No problem at all". This sounds good, isn't it? Well i bought the same, checked its manual about changing store and found written saying it is possible but i'll need to contact Bookeens for the same.

This time when i contacted them, they simply said "It is impossible to change the default store." Damn. Isn;t it cheating? I have a web form as proof where they said it was possible but there is no way to show them. Anyways, do anyone of you have any idea or a kind of hack using which we change the default store from french to something else? If yes, please let me know soon as this is useless for me.
Old 28-06-2013

Re: How to change default bookstore in Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight ereader

Yeah, you are definitely got cheated Bookeens. As far as i know there is no way to change the store on Odyssey HD Frontlight. Just as a suggestion, you should always ask such questions/confirmations on community forums because the replies you get use to be from the genuine users who have the experience of the same. Anyways, the only thing you can do now is either use adobe digital edition or PC and buy the books.
Old 02-07-2013

Re: How to change default bookstore in Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight ereader

Yeah that is correct, you cannot change the store on cybook. Although the firmware used in all Cybook readers are same but the store is based on their specific device ID and we have no way to change it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , , ,