Thread: How to disable sleep mode or screensaver mode in Kindle Paperwhite ereader

How to disable sleep mode or screensaver mode in Kindle Paperwhite ereader

As of now i am using a Kindle 3 eReader and it contains several documented ebooks that i require for my professional work. So far it has been very useful for me but now am planning to upgrade and to Kindle Paperwhite. But the only concern before buying Paperwhite is it should have a way to disable the sleep mode as well as Screensaver mode because the document or page i open on my K3 use to remain there for atleast 20 to 30 minutes. I made it possible in K3 by running the ~disableScreensaver command. So i wanted to know if this is also possible in Kindle Paperwhite reader?

Re: How to disable sleep mode or screensaver mode in Kindle Paperwhite ereader

Yes, it is possible to disable the screensaver or sleep mode in Kindle Paperwhite as well. And for doing the same, you have to use the same "~ds" command on the new device as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KSHaUNiSHa View Post
    Yes, it is possible to disable the screensaver or sleep mode in Kindle Paperwhite as well. And for doing the same, you have to use the same "~ds" command on the new device as well.
    Hello friend. I am new to Kindle ereader. This is my first ever ereader I bought. Even I was facing some those problems (sleep mode) since I bought this but I was not aware if it can be disabled. That’s a good news for me. Can you please let me know how do you run that "~ds" command?

I would like to disable both sleep mode and screensaver so that it wont interrupt again with my work. Please let me know soon. Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Calverta View Post
    Can you please let me know how do you run that "~ds" command?
    In order to run the ~ds commands on Kindle Paperwhite, you need to go to the search bar of the device. Yes, simply tap the search bar and enter the respective ds commands to enabled disable services you want. If you want to do this with debug one, then click on Home, then press enter and follow these:
    ;debugOn (press enter)
    ~disableScreensaver (press enter)
    ;debugOff (press enter)
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help Tamohar. I’ll give it a try tonight later and let you know if required anything else. Hope that works.