Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

horizontal lines in the middle of the screen in Kindle Keyboard ereader

Ebooks

Old 21-06-2013

horizontal lines in the middle of the screen in Kindle Keyboard ereader

I got a Kindle Keyboard ereader and there are 2 horizontal lines at the middle of the screen that is blocking all the things that are under it. I took it to the repair shop and they were charging too much for it. I was thinking if anyone knew to avoid the below section of the screen where everything is getting blocked. Is there any tips on how to do that or should I consider buying a refurb ereader? Thanks.

Old 24-06-2013

Re: horizontal lines in the middle of the screen in Kindle Keyboard ereader

Can you try to upload the picture of your eReader, so that we get a better view. But I think that the screen might be broken and because of that no hacks can be done to change the color of the horizontal lines that you are getting in your Kindle Keyboard. Did you try to do a hard reset and still even after that the lines are visible? If yes, then you probably will need to geta new screen.
Old 25-06-2013

Yes, even I think that the new screen is broken and you can easily get a new screen for less than $40 or perhaps even less. All you will need to do is just pop out the case by using some screws and then there might be a little connector which you will have to take care about. Incase you are not good with the screws then take it to a repair shop with the screen and they will only charge a minimum for fitting the screen.
Old 27-06-2013

On the ?Manage Your Kindle? page on Amazon.com there should be a link which tells you to ?Register new Kindle?. You will need to enter your Kindle's serial number, which can be found on the back of the Kindle.
Old 28-06-2013

Well, if you have bought your Kindle Keyboard ereader from Amazon website then you should go to that website and then click on the ?Manage Your Kindle? page and you will find a link that will tell you to register your new Kindle. After that you need to enter the Kindles serial number that ou have. It can be find at the back of your Kindle device. Just enter the details for the repair or replacement and they will take care about your issue.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , ,