Thread: Difference between Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite

Difference between Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite

I am planing to bulk order a good ebook reader. After searching a lot on the web I found Kindle as the best among them all. Now there are two editions in it. The first one is Kindle Fire and the second on is Paperwhite. Can anyone here tell me which one is best among them both. I am just looking for a simple ebook reader which will be distributed among the kinds in my institution. There is a great price difference between both of them. What if I purchased Paperwhite. Is it good for future use also.

Re: Difference between Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite

Kindle Paperwhite is the basic edition of Kindle. It is only designed to for reading purpose. The new one has a better contract and with 6inch screen you can read very comfortably on it. It is just for reading. While Kindle fire is a bit more better than Paperwhite with app support.

Kindle Fire is more like a tablet. It is not just a basic ebook reader. The HD edition here gives you a bigger 8.9inch screen. It is portable and support different application usage. Kindle Fire comes with a more powerful processor with Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / connectivity. This tablet is having a IPS panel on it which offers you a maximum resolution of 1920x1200. Having this kind of panels in the tablet generally means that you have a more better contrast quality with more viewing angles here. Compare to iPad and other budget tablet in the market if you are looking for a device which is only meant for reading them Kindle Fire is best. It is a bit costly, but better than paperwhite here. It also features Dolby audio support and has a nice speaker with surround sound output. The cpu used inside the same is 1.2Ghz which is a dual core processor and also it is supported by PowerVR 3D gpu. So it is just great for reading and for gaming also. There are ample of more features it has compare to the basic one. I prefer here kindle fire. It may be costly but for the future reference this just enough better to use.

IF you just want to distribute those devices then go for Paperwhite. Kindle Fire is a tablet not a ebook reader. It has more features and it is costly also. It is great for personal usage. For those who needs a mixed feature of tablet and ebook reader.

The new edition here has 62% more pixels which enhance the reading experience and it has 25% increased contrast that improves more visibility. I am here talking about Paperwhite. The portable ebook reader is simply great for reading purpose. It might be limited in features but it is really best in output. The front screen of this portable kindle is around 6-inch. The screen size is enough for reading and scrolling web pages. The weight of the ebook reader is 213g and it is also very thin. Compare to other ebook readers in the market the charging time of this one is more faster. In Kindle Fire you have different application supports that also puts a bit effects on the battery output. Compare to that Kindle Paperwhite is more better. There is wifi model also available and 3G also. You can buy the same on the basis of your requirement. If you go for 3G then you can simply download ebooks and papers on it. The storage lies around 2GB which is enough for ebooks. Paperwhite is based on electronic ink E-Ink Pearl technology which makes it more vibrant from any angle you use for reading. No part here is blurry.