Thread: Want some help to find some ebooks based on SQL Security

Want some help to find some ebooks based on SQL Security

I need some good eBooks based on SQL Security. I am working as a entry level database engineer. I just started my career. I do not want to go much in the configuration and management here. I want to emphasis more on security. I want some help to get good ebooks which can teach me the core of security. I had seen some videos on the web but they are a bit complicated to understand. As I had just started working on SQL so I need to begin from the basic first.

Re: Want some help to find some ebooks based on SQL Security

There is a nice book called as Securing SQL server. You can check this one. It has a easy information based on complex security support. You can just go through the book and learn more about securing SQL security. The book deals with some set of potential attacks that you can carry out and protect your system with the same. If you want to seriously learn about the security of SQL server then you can simply go through the following book and get more knowledge on the same.

The best book according to me is Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Security Cookbook. I found this really very helpful in dealing with tons of security problems faced by server database. This book has information that can take to you to the advance levels of sql security. The book is recommended best for sql admins and developers. I am not sure about any latest edition. But you can try to find out the same on web and collect more information on it. I am sure it will be helpful.

You can also reset to msdn. I am giving you a link below that has ample of information on dealing with SQL security. You can follow the link and start learning about security the sql server and keeping your website secure from all angles. The link has ample of information on dealing various security threats. Just check the link below and I do not think that you will need to go for any other book reference. This link is having ample of linked content and resources to secure the database.

Securing SQL Server

To understand about the security it is essential that you must learn what SQL is actually. It is quiet necessary to get a complete understanding of how it works and what are the common vulnerabilities in it. Then you can move ahead with management of database in more different way. There are some beginners books like SQL bible which can give you an intact information on dealing with database. This will refresh your knowledge and will make your more advance.