Thread: Is the Pixelar Mreader any good?

Is the Pixelar Mreader any good?

I am planning to buy a new eBook reader for myself. While searching for one, I came across Pixelar Mreader. I found the price of this eBook reader reasonable and I will be able to afford it. Though I am ready to buy it, I am anxious if it will be a right choice or not. I haven’t heard of any person using this eBook reader. If anyone has used this eBook reader, can they tell me if it is fine to use this eBook reader or not?

Re: Is the Pixelar Mreader any good?

The physical features of Pixelar Mreader are very good as it is built very nicely with a strong body that promises of durability. The back side of this eBook reader is made of plastic but still it feels to be strong. Also it is somewhat heavy in weight, but comfortable to be held. The display used in this eBook reader is similar to that used in Kindle 3. But the developers of Pixelar Mreader have improved the display to give brighter picture on the screen. The front side of this eBook reader is made with a metallic finish and has a smooth and classy look.

Pixelar Mreader has a good quality buttons on the bottom of the screen which are good to use. They have a good fitting and they seem to be strong. Also the material which they are made is good and seems to be strong. Not just the built of these buttons is nice, but the response time and their behavior are great. You just press a button and the page will turn quickly or do corresponding activity immediately. Pixelar Mreader can be connected to Wi-Fi but still it hasn’t got the feature where we can connect it to some eBook store to get books directly on the eBook reader.

The best part about the Pixelar Mreader is that it can support a wide range of formats. Apart from PDF and EPUB, Pixelar Mreader can support formats like MOBI, TXT, CHM, FB2, RTF, TCR, PDB, HTM, PRC, HTML, DJVU, IW44, IW4, DJV, JPG, BMP, TIF, GIF, and PNG. Also this eBook reader can support languages like English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and many more will be added soon. Also Pixelar Mreader has a good battery life which can last up to 2 weeks. I think these features make this eBook reader great and good for use.

The one thing that really disappointed me about this eBook reader is the amount of memory available in it. The internal memory available is just 256 MB. It can be expanded up to 4 GB. But I think that a regular user will find it very low and he/she will have to take out some eBooks to fit other ebooks in the Pixelar Mreader. Also one good thing I liked about this reader is that it also accepts the badly formatted eBooks. Though it will take time to open it, once it opens, you will find it properly formatted with lines adjusted fine along the edges.

Pixelar Mreader has good inbuilt dictionary which we can use to search the meanings of the words we don’t know. This inbuilt dictionary has good collection of vocabulary which is really helpful. Also this eBook reader supports a wide range of fonts like Microsoft Yahei, Arial and ARIALN, Courier, and Times New Roman which is a great thing. You can even change the text to Bold or Italic accordinh to your need and comfort.

Pixelar Mreader is a good reader but it still needs some finishing. I think a new firmware which would eliminate certain small problem will be much better. Some features when used make the eBook reader to go slow or crash. I think if these problems are removed, then Pixelar Mreader is great for use. Also with the price of this eBook reader, I think that it is totally worth. Though it will not impress the hardcore readers, it is very good for use if you are an occasional reader.