Thread: Wexler Flex ONE e-reader worth it?

Wexler Flex ONE e-reader worth it?

I want to buy an eBook reader for myself. I travel a lot and so I am finding a good eBook reader. Once while searching online, I came across Wexler Flex ONE e-reader. I haven’t seen this before and also never heard of Wexler before. All I know is the Kindle is most commonly used eBook reader. I found this at reasonable price as well as good for use. But before I buy this eBook reader, I would like to know views of people who have used it. Can someone tell me about it?

Re: Wexler Flex ONE e-reader worth it?

The best thing I found about this eBook reader is that we can bend it in numerous ways. It is like a thick cardboard which can be bent by hand. It doesn’t mean that you can fold it completely into half. But yes, the rate of bend is good. There is no big uses of this bending feature of Wexler Flex ONE e-reader; it just adds comfort to the reader. Usually, people who use eBook readers which are hard and non-bendable sometimes find it hard to handle the device when lying or laying around to read the book.

The real books made of paper can be bent easily which gives comfort to hands and wrist. Similarly, if one is lying on bed with one hand on higher level than other, then this bend in Wexler Flex ONE e-reader will help to add comfort to hand as well as the eyes that are reading it.

If you think that bending of the eBook reader is only the feature that is great about Wexler Flex ONE e-reader, then you are wrong. Actually this tablet is very durable and won’t break easily. After testing its durability, I can say that it is stronger than most of the other eBook readers available in market. If while reading some eBook on bed, you fall asleep and the book slips from your hand, you don’t have to worry, it won’t get a single scratch.

But that doesn’t mean you can use it as a Frisbee to play with your dog, it will obviously get damaged if done so. Also it is very light in weight and good for carrying around.

Wexler Flex ONE e-reader provides a good high resolution screen in it. From the ppictur4es of it, it might look like a simple black and white display. But let me tell you that resolution is great and there won’t be any distortion in launching eBooks with high resolution font. With this high resolution, the turn speed of the pages in eBooks is very good.

I have seen some eBook readers where if a high quality eBook is inserted; the eBook reader starts lagging while turning the page. But this problem is not seen in this tablet. Also it has a good amount of options that help to make the reading experience of user very good.

I don’t know what the developers of Wexler Flex ONE e-reader were thinking when designing it. It has a strange body structure if seen on the back side. It has a big hump on it back side which makes it difficult to hold it. I think that this hump is the pivot point to make the eBook reader bend properly.

If it would have not been provided, then maybe it would have snapped from between. It is a good idea, but I think it becomes irritating when holding tightly.

I think that Wexler Flex ONE e-reader lacks the options and possibilities they could have used to make it much better to use. For example, they have given a screen with high resolution, but there is no touch screen to it. It would have been great to have this feature in this eBook reader. Also there is no option to view the content on the screen in the landscape mode.

You have to just read the whole document or eBook in the portrait mode which sometimes becomes boring. But the worst problem I think about Wexler Flex ONE e-reader is that it is Incompatible with Adobe Digital Editions.

I think that the keypad on Wexler Flex ONE e-reader is the worse. The buttons are dull and there is nothing great about it. Also they do not respond properly many times. You have to either press more than one time or press them hard enough. Also the material used for the keypad is D-pad. They seem to be lose and gives an impression of being able to fall down or break down any time. But I think if these problems are ignored, then Wexler Flex ONE e-reader is great eBook and you can buy it.