Thread: How to transfer ebooks in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

How to transfer ebooks in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I want some help to backup ebooks from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. There are around 200 ebooks in it. Now the tab is working a bit slower. I will restore the factory settings. This will wipe out everything. I want to backup all the ebooks and then restore them back after factory settings. Which will be the safest way to do that.

re: How to transfer ebooks in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

It is a Android tablet and all the ebooks are stored in the internal memory. There can be a folder like ebook. Android has very simple file system where specific files are stored on the basis of category. Like all files that are received through bluetooth lies under bluetooth folder.

Check the internal storage and copy paste that folder in your pc through usb connection. You can then restore that after factory settings.

Re: How to transfer ebooks in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I have a tablet which has SD card support. I had added a 8GB sd card and a number of data, ebooks, photos, videos, etc are in the memory card. So when I run factory settings I unmount the card. It works fine. After inserting the card back again, I get all my data back. I am not sure whether your tablet has a sd card slot or not. If yes then you can do this. Insert a sd card in your tablet. When the card is mount you can copy your data in the card through file manager. You just need to tap the folder from some seconds and you can see copy menu. Move to SD card and paste it there. I am not sure about the location of ebooks. They are mostly in .cdr or pdf format.

They are lightweight. What application are you using to read those ebooks. If those are plan pdf files then they are easy to find. You can connect the tablet to pc and in Windows there is a search box. You can type name of any ebook and search the same. It will show you the file and its location. You can manually copy paste them and restore them back again. But you will surely need to install the app back again which you are using for reading those books. If they are pdf, then you can download and install Adobe reader which reads the files quiet easily. But compared to that Ebook readers are more better and fast.

The option I try is better. The only requirement it needs is a good internet connection. I had signup for Cloud Storage. There are free storage facility available. Like Google Drive, DropBox, etc. You can simply download a app, configure your gmail account for logins and upload all the files on the online storage. That's all. The next time when you need the files you just need to tap and download them.

Cloud storage is a better solution. Google Drive offers you 5GB of free storage. This is quiet more than enough. We can keep all important files on it and we never need to look back for re-downloading. You can keep apks, files, data, videos, photos, etc. Also Google Play provides you a option called as My Apps where everything is listed. For your ebook you can simply copy paste the folder were all the files are located. I will provide you a short information on most popular and common ebook formats. If you are not able to find them through names you can try searching with the extension and I am sure you will be able to get all of them.

They are pdf, epub, mobi, txt, lrf, rtf and pdb. Many publisher mostly use pdf as it is one of the most compatible format that is available. You can get the same book in your pc also. Acrobat reader is widely available on number of platform making it a comfortable for usage. Another formats are .cbr, cbz, html, .kf8, etc. Whatever file you find with this extension save them in one place and the next time you have to restore them one by one manually. In this way your entire ebooks will be restored back. Get a good ebook reader from Google Play which can read all types of ebooks. That will give you to use only one kind of application.

Instead of copy pasting one by one each of them better download a backup software like Titanium. This software offers you options to restore. You can use it to restore apps and data. It is quiet unique.

Yes using Titanium is nice options. There is a free edition available. Titanium creates a backup file on external storage. If you don't have that then you need to manually specify the location in internal storage. It creates a backup of your installed applications, photos, etc. The best part of using this thing is it does not needs any manual method of restoration. You just need to tap the backup button and everything goes back to its place. It is quiet comfortable to use and there is no need to worry about the data deletion. If you want you can copy the backup folder and keep it somewhere in your system. It stays safer and you can get it back whenever you formatted.

I keep a backup of new apps and ebooks. They are easier to restore and occupy less space. While data like videos, images etc needs more storage space. There is no way you can addup your pc storage to the app and move the backup their through the app. There are number of ebook backup software on Google Play which act only on taking a backup of this files. It reads and search for popular formats and backup them.

Try Aldiko. This is another nice tool that is available on web and you can go for. I had checked properly it worked quiet well for ebook backup. I hope you can find ample of support in that.

I think a simple backup and restore tool can do the job. Ebook readers are available wide and so the backup tools. You can find and download them. They offer you manual as well as automated process. Factory settings will wipe your tablet data completely. They do not touch the memory card. But still I am not sure about the internal storage. To stay on the safer side you must properly configure the backup and verify when it is done.

You can find all the books listed in the type of name. Google Play can be a solution for you. But you have to download all stuff. When you purchase a ebook, it is listed under My Apps. You can re-download it without buying it back again. This is some type of cloud storage stuff which is available for free. You can try that.