Thread: How to download books in Pandigital white ereader

How to download books in Pandigital white ereader

My dad gifted me Pandigital ereader yesterday and I have gone through the quick guide that I have got with it but they have just explained to download book from Barnes and Noble and not from public library. Can anyone let me know how I have to download books from public library in Pandigital ereader??

Re: How to download books in Pandigital white ereader

That’s not a big deal, you just have to download the digital version of Adobe in your pc and authorize your pc during the setup. You will have to create free adobe account for authorizing both your pc and Pandigital ereader for transferring books from your computer to ereader. Once you have authorized both you just have to drag the titles of the book in to your ereader and you are done. Just try it out and feel free to ask if you face any issue further.

I have tried following your suggestion and have authorized both my computer and ereader. I have tried dragging the titles of the book in to my ereader but I can’t see them, they are appearing in digital version of Adobe in my computer but I can’t see them on ereader. I don’t think I have missed out anything, I did what you suggested? Any ideas what might have went wrong?

Just make sure that you are not missing anything from the below steps:
    1. Connect your ereader to your computer and open Adobe Digital Edition.
    2. Once Adobe Digital Edition gets launched it will detect your ereader and will serve you 'Device Setup Assistant' dialog box. You just have to Click 'Authorize Device' and once it gets activated you can transfer DRM-protected Adobe eBooks to your ereader.
    3. Now you should see your ereader in the left column of Adobe Digital Edition, so here you have to drag the files from ADE shelf in to your eReader. (I think this is the part that you might have missed)

As I have mentioned earlier make sure that you are authorizing my computer and ereader carrying out the transfer successfully, best of luck.

I am still not able to get it, I have downloaded a guide for my Pandigital ereader from the web and have followed the same. After authorizing both computer and ereader when I am dragging the books then I can see it in computer and it appears as if it will be in ereader but it’s not. I have gone through a point where it says that I have to tap on date/title/author prompts in My Library after which I should see ADE in drop down list but I can’t see anything as such. So does that mean there is something wrong with my ereader?

No its not, those books will be in Adobe books which will be on second view from Home page icons. You can just see books from B&N in Library and not the books that you download from public library. Just to make it more simple you might be having icons for Home,Reader,My Library, Music, Videos etc at home screen right? So if you scroll to second screen then you will see Adobe eBooks icon. You just have to click on Adobe eBooks icon for accessing the downloaded books, hope you got it this time.

Note: ADM books won’t show up in library rather one has to click on Adobe eBooks icon for accessing them.