Thread: Get Kindle for Rs.6,999 from Croma

Get Kindle for Rs.6,999 from Croma

Amazon has expanded its sector by starting Kindle Store for India. Along-with this you can now buy a Kindle for Rs.6,999 from Croma. You can get that through Croma outlet or simply order it online. It is quiet better to find all ebooks at one place. You just have to go on amazon.com/kindlestoreindia to buy books in Indian currency.

Re: Get Kindle for Rs.6,999 from Croma

That is a great news. I use the online store which usually offer global sales to buy ebooks. Now this simply means we will be able to see a number of Indian publishers also on the same. I visited the size and it is really convenient.

This is good for ebook readers. Who are regular buyers of ebook will not get a much easier platform in India. Amazon took quiet a long time to setup a Indian Kindle store. But it is better now. We can also buy Kindle accessories from it. There is no need to pay at international rates which usually adds up the shipping cost also. I was just checking the list of Rs.100 ebook. There are ample of them. This will also reduce the book piracy which is quiet high in our place. Kindle is awesome device for reading.

The version that I saw is the most traditional one which offer black and white reading screen. Somehow this is a good start and as time goes on we are going to get much better benefits. Another great thing Amazon did is started selling books in our currency. That make's it much better. It was a bit complicated to pay through pay-pal or some other sources in foreign currency. Atleast we are going to get the exact price. Now we have a open platform of Indian writers to sell up book on Amazon. Kindle gives entirely a new way of reading books. It is your portable medium to carry and refer to different information. I hope there will be some support by which we can also gets book of regional support. Like in local languages. As there is no news on the same, but in future we can hope for the same.

The prices on that store is not bad enough. And at Rs.6,999 you are getting a better reading device. Well it is worth compared to others. But I too agree that Amazon must work on some regional languages in India. It provides separate packages of French, Italian, etc languages.

If this happens, Amazon can expand to more higher rates in India. Somehow it is a late start. There are number of Indian authors which are quiet famous and they write books periodically. I tried to find out the information on Kindle which Amazon is selling through Chroma. There are around one model that I saw which is Kindle e-reader Wi-Fi, 6” E Ink Display. This is a 6 inch e-reader with basic functionality. There is no shipping charge. It looks Amazon starts with the most basic edition and will crawl up some enhanced models also. 6" display is quiet nice. The ebook read has 2GB internal storage which is meant for keeping 1,400 books. It comes with wifi support.

So that you can directly purchase books from this thing. I want that our newspapers should also be published in ebook forms and we can purchase that directly from this e-reader. It will make our job much more easier. There is no special support provided. I waiting when Amazon will provide Kindle Fire at reasonable rates for our local region. That would be a worth buying device. But as start we might need to stick with the simple model. This has open a new platform for our writers to sell books online. It is quiet correct that we have ample of book piracy issue.

The best part here is getting books on Indian price. In other currency we might be paying a bit higher amount. Amazon has made a good decision this time offering the same things on local currency.

Kindle on Amazon India store works on E-ink. It has a nice 6" display. It is not well in hardware, but still a worth product. Compared to other reader if you are reading on Kindle you will find yourself a bit more comfortable. I had seen books of Indian Authors also. In this way we can stay updated. It will also encourage a number of readers to go on web and read stuff easily. There are wide range of book provided on Kindle India Store. So that simply means even if I have a Kindle Fire that I had bought from US I can buy books from Kindle India Store. I hope there is no region lock issue in this. But I found the internal storage a bit lesser.

Somehow 2GB is quiet not enough according to me. For a reader who has quiet a good collection of books, it will be complicated to manage it. But still 1400 storage is quiet not enough, as no one would like to delete a purchased book. Does Amazon linked cloud storage with this. Through this we can have all our backup online. This is provided in Kindle Fire. I tried to find the features and other info by vising Croma site but there is only specs mentioned. I hope to get proper answer on it.

There can be less chances of having cloud integration with that. Amazon provide this service worldwide, but yet this is not clearly announced. You can find a way to backup those things.

I do not think that is required. Kindle is a decent product. It is not like tablets which crashes or heats up on over usage. The device is made for reading purpose offering your clear screen with smooth touch interface. You can buy book over wifi and read the same. It has given a bigger platform now for our local publishers to stand and provide their work. Any writer can submit his ebook on Amazon stores. This reduces the publishing cost to great extent and the digital edition is much more lighter.

It is correct that the digital edition of book is very light. So having 2GB space is more than enough. I do not think you are going to read 1400 books within a month. The only tragedy with Kindle is that it does not offer any upgrades.