Thread: After updating Kobo Touch to firmware v2.0, page of a book won’t turn

After updating Kobo Touch to firmware v2.0, page of a book won’t turn

I have a Kobo Touch which I regularly use to read eBooks. Yesterday when I turned on the Kobo Touch, I got a notification saying that a new firmware is available for the Kobo Touch that I am using. So in order to upgrade my device, I clicked on yes and let the upgrade take place on the eBook reader. After the upgrade was complete, the Kobo Touch worked as normal with no difference to be noticed. But after a week or so, this eBook reader started working very slow. I mean, whenever I tried to turn the page it would take much longer than before. Also the smoothness while scrolling the page up and down was lost. The thing is now working like a brick. What should I do now, anybody has any suggestions?

Re: After updating Kobo Touch to firmware v2.0, page of a book won’t turn

Replacing the current firmware in the Kobo Touch with the old firmware manually is a tough task. I won’t suggest you to do it manually. I would rather ask you to take it to the store or service centre where the Kobo devices are repaired. You can ask the people at these service centers to fix the Kobo Touch and I am sure they will help you with it. Also if the device you have is under warranty, then you can carry the receipts or bills to get it done for free.

Re: After updating Kobo Touch to firmware v2.0, page of a book won’t turn

I prefer using Kindle as the eBook reader. It doesn’t have such problems where the firmware update would make the eBook reader work like a brick or spoil the working of the device. If you know any other person who has Kobo Touch and faced such problem, you can ask the person about it. Maybe the firmware that the developers released was faulty and thus you got your Kobo Touch screwed up.