Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-08-2012

Kobo Touch micro sd card limited to 32gb or 16gb only

Hey friends, need some help regarding Kobo Touch. I bought it online a week ago without reading much about it specs, got it yesterday and still busy to download books and doing settings. Anyways, what i want to know is what is the memory limit of this reader ? I mean, is it limited to 16GB, 32GB or just 8GB ? I want to know this because tough i haven't filled 3Gb of storage yet but it started slowing down. As of now i am inserted 16GB SD Card, but what is the actual storage limit ?
Old 23-08-2012

Re: Kobo Touch micro sd card limited to 32gb or 16gb only

As per the official listed specifications, kobo Touch comes with 2GB built-in storage and can be expanded upto 32GB using SD Card. But as you have doubt, even i dont think Kobo Touch is capable of such high storage because even my KT nearly dies with almost 6Gb of data.

Am using this device since a month now and trying to find out atleast one guy who Kobo works fine with atleast 15GB of data.
Old 24-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial musician View Post
I want to know this because tough i haven't filled 3Gb of storage yet but it started slowing down. As of now i am inserted 16GB SD Card, but what is the actual storage limit ?
Its not just you dude, count me in as well. It seems like all Kobo Touch ereaders are not capable to consume more than 2 GB, that is their built in storage limit. If you go above this, it starts freezing, lagging and overheating. I think we all should complain together to Kobo and ask them to release some firmware to fix it or replace the devices.
Old 28-08-2012

I am using 8GB memory card with my K-Touch, i couldn't say that it is working fine but its working till some extent. I mean, i only notice slowing down only while searching the titles. Other than this there is no freeze or slowing issues with my device. i guess there is something related to normal SD cards and SDHC cards. Mine is SDHC Class 6 8GB card and is working as i said above. So, you can give some test using various types of memory card with your Kobo Touch.

TechArena Community > Technology > Ebooks
Tags: , ,