Thread: Shelves disappeared after updating NOOK simple touch

Shelves disappeared after updating NOOK simple touch

I have updated my NOOK simple touch today and all my shelves have disappeared from it. I am not willing to organize my all books again and I wanted to know if there is a way by which I can re-create them quickly. I also wanted to know if there is any solution or hack by which we can keep our shelves even after the update, any ideas?

Re: Shelves disappeared after updating NOOK simple touch

I don’t think there is a way currently to back them up rather than organizing them manually again. Even I think there should be a way where we can keep them over the updates but as far as I am aware there is no such update by now. I have heard that there are some apps for backing up the shelves but for using them you will have to root your nook simple touch which on the other hand will void the warranty of your nook simple touch.

I don’t have any issue in rooting my NOOK simple touch but are you sure that there are apps for backing up shelves after update. I mean I have never heard of it and haven’t come across anything like that. Can you just let me know the name of the apps so that I can check and try then out. I really hate to organize all my books after doing a update and I really need some kind of mechanism by which I can restore them without any issue. I also wanted to add while I was looking after a solution on my issue I have come across some people mentioning that their shelves were intact even after updating the firmware of their nook. Is it really possible or they might be just lying.

As far as I am aware there is no app that can back up shelves after update. I don’t think the shelves can remain intact after updating the firmware of nook. I have updating my nook whenever I come across a new update but I haven’t seen my shelves intact any time after updating its firmware. I doubt the people you might have come across were true, if you want then you can re - question those people and dig out the truth. I see people requesting for this featured update to B&N so that they can restore shelves over update but there hasn’t been any response from their end. I don’t think there is anything we can do about it currently rather than waiting for their next update.

It may sound weird but that’s the reason I don’t update my nook anymore until there is some serious issue with it that needs an update. I have updated my nook a couple of times, I have large number of books with number of shelves and every time I used to update it firmware they used to get lost. It was quite frustrating to organize and maintain them again as it used to take long time. Since then I have stopped updating my nook and I pray that I don’t get in to situation of updating it again.

Just like Mitchell-Y has mentioned even I have requested B&N to come up with an update that will leave my shelves intact but no response yet. Frankly speaking I hate file management of nook but I just love its reading experience. I won’t be updating my nook until they come up with an update that will leave my shelves intact. Some people have started quitting use of shelves for the same reason but I think avoiding update unless necessary is a better idea. I will suggest you to do the same if you don’t have any issue in running your Nook simple touch with old firmwares.