Thread: Disable screen page turning on NOOK simple touch

Disable screen page turning on NOOK simple touch

I have been using NOOK simple touch for reading eBooks and I think that the page turn option provided to us by touching the screen is really annoying. Even a slightest touch of finger on the screen and the page will turn. It becomes irritating as whenever I touch the screen to mark some word to find it in dictionary, the page turns. Many times unknowingly, the finger crosses the screen to switch the page to another page. This becomes irritating especially when I am reading book lying down. Is there any way I can disable this page changing mechanism so that it doesn’t happen on mere touch of finger on screen?

Re: Disable screen page turning on NOOK simple touch

I agree that the page changing feature in NOOK simple touch is very irritating. It actually makes use of other features like bookmarking or highlighting certain part of the book irritating. When we tap on the screen to bookmark certain page, even a slightest slip of finger will turn to next page. I have tried many options and settings, but I haven’t found a single option that might help us. I found an option to disable the touch screen but it disabled the whole screen. But this was not of any use, we need touch screen for many other purposes.

Re: Disable screen page turning on NOOK simple touch

There is no such option in NOOK simple touch that will help us to disable the page turning specifically while keeping the other activities of touch screen intact. I too think that such option would have really been of help. I prefer switching page by using the physical buttons on the device. It really becomes irritating when my elder brother uses the NOOK simple touch as he has large hands. His finger comes over the screen and most of the times the page automatically changes. It seems like the touch screen of NOOK simple touch is very sensitive t detect mildest of gestures immediately.