Thread: Reasons to avoid Nook Glow Light

Reasons to avoid Nook Glow Light

I am willing to get Nook Glow Light, I have che4cked out the specification that it is delivering and I am quite impressed with it. Anyways I just wanted to know that what are the disadvantages of Nook Glow Light ? I have gone through its advantages in some reviews but I haven’t got hold of its disadvantage. Any ideas what might be Reasons to avoid Nook Glow Light?

Re: Reasons to avoid Nook Glow Light

One of the biggest disadvantages I see is its battery life; sources say that it will last longer for about one month’s even when used for 1 hour daily. I don’t think that anyone will use it just for one hour a day, as they included Glow Light technology they should have included better battery to balance the things. Overall it is worth getting paying $40 more for it as this time they have included ac adapter, screen protector with the deal without any extra cost. I don’t think there is any other disadvantage of Nook Glow Light.

Yes, battery life is the very first thing that comes to my mind as disadvantage of Nook Glow Light. I also wanted to add that I have come across some articles over the web where few people have mentioned that the display of Nook Glow Light is delicate as compared to nook touch, so you will have to take better care of it. I am not sure but I have seen some pictures of Nook Glow Light where its screen was having some marks which were said to be caused by dropping something on it. It was said to be much visible with Glow Light turned on but not when turned off. It was mentioned in the article that screen of Nook Glow Light is not sturdy enough to handle any basic damage that can be caused to it on day to day life.

I don’t think that mentioning a delicate thing as its disadvantage is of any point. I agree that Nook Glow Light screen might not be sturdy enough to handle basic damage compared to the original one but we can avoid that by taking care of it. I think I am aware of the article you have gone through, it was mentioned there that the damage in the picture was caused to the screen by dropping remote and keys on it, I mean why would one do that. He has intentionally done that and I don’t think that it might have got damaged just by dropping a key or remoter from the mentioned height. He has surely dropped something else on his Nook Glow Light from a good height and is claiming that it was a key and remote. I agree “less battery life” to be it disadvantage but I don’t agree Nook Glow Light screen to be that delicate to that get damaged.

I agree to you upon that, ebook readers are obviously fragile and one should take care of it. It is not having a gorilla glass where we can drop anything on the screen and think that it won’t get damaged. There is no point in considering such things as disadvantage of it, I haven’t found handful of people complaining about this by now. I have just come across 2 or 3 and I don’t trust them for what they have mentioned and the pictures that they have posted. I would rather like to see a video where such things are tested out on Nook Glow Light screen to trust the damage.

Other than battery life I think it is price of Nook Glow Light which can be considered as disadvantage of it. It would have been worth if they would have updated the battery to last longer for 2 months like the original nook touch. 1 month is just cutting down the battery life to half, it’s like compromising the battery life for the sake of Glow Light, they should have balance it out somehow.