Thread: Kindle touch error "device_info.xml not found, check device settings"

Kindle touch error "device_info.xml not found, check device settings"

I was trying to jailbreak my kindle but I don’t know what went wrong and I did not received a message saying that mu kindle was successfully jail broken. After looking after a fix for the same in other forum found that I will have to create a blank file naming it as root DIAGS ENABLE. I did the same and now I am not able to enter normal mode, I have tried giving disable diagnostics command but then I am getting an error message saying "device_info.xml not found, check device settings". I don’t know what to do now is there anything I can try out further to exit ENABLE DIAGS somehow? Help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Kindle touch error "device_info.xml not found, check device settings"

I have checked regarding the same and have found that the error occurs when kindles bootmode var gets set to fastboot mode, anyways you will not have to set it to main and for that you will have to use fastboot:
    fastboot setvar bootmode main

You can also use RUNME.sh script launched by my data.tar.gz along with ENABLE_DIAGS file, you can get the RUNME.sh script from the attachment below. Once you are ready with both files then you can execute the below command from SSH shell in diags mode:
    idme -d --bootmode main
    rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
    reboot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Kindle touch error "device_info.xml not found, check device settings"

Yes the above solution works, even I was facing the same issue a week before and this is what I had done to resolve the issue:

• First I went in to USB mode from the diagnostics menu and deleted ENABLE_DIAGS file
    • After that I put RUNME.sh and data.tar.gz in root of the kindle and executed the commands mentioned above. The Screen said that runme.sh was running for a while and later I was directed to my original homescreen. My kindle is now successful jailbroken and I have deleted the runme.sh file as well.

Just try out the same and let me know if you face any issue with it, I will surely try to help you out.